Metal Radio: AUG 20 - Annihislaters, Bit o’ Summut Different

I’d like to start by saying this mix is dedicated to my good friend Dan (aka Guitar_Dan_666 )

Right, as you may or may not have guessed, this isn’t your typical metal mix, in fact its not a metal mix full stop. I figured we all listen to metal pretty regularly as it is, so I decided to give your ears and minds a break from it.
I realise to many of you its either going to be completely new to your, or maybe you just don’t think it’s your thing. Either way, I urge you to listen to it, and give it a fair chance, it’s only a short mix, and its very easy on the ears, not very demanding or anything.

I won’t give my usual run down yet, Ill keep it a surprise, but I will make a few general comments.

I chose the first track as the first track as I felt the message of the song really set the tone of what’s to come, and is almost in a way like a statement of intent.

For those of you who have the decency to get to the end, I chose the last song, as I felt it was a nice conclusion, and almost a commentary of the 7 previous tracks. And the more eagle eyed listener will notice this artist already had a track in the mix. I really wanted this song, and the other song this band contributed to the mix. I could have put a different artists version of the last track on, but the artist who does that other version, is also the same as does the first track, so it would have meant doubling up anyway, but I feel the one I picked was a superior version, so I went with it.
(I hope you can make sense of that)

So yeah, the rest is in the mix description, so all that’s left to say is, Please at least give it a chance, and enjoy (hopefully).

http://8tracks.com/annihislater/there-s-lanky-spoken-here-a-mix-of-songs-from-lancashire

AUG 27 SeveredSurvival
SEP 03 illuminatiano
SEP 10 Riffmast
SEP 17 eazy-c
SEP 24 Contraband
OCT 01 Vermintide
OCT 08 severed-metal
OCT 15 Psychopathology
OCT 22 duncang
OCT 29 Scourge441
NOV 5 The Virtuoso
NOV 12 Helloween4Ever
NOV 19 Annihislater
NOV 26 romencer17
DEC 03 The Wild Child
DEC 10 Lappo
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Aug 20, 2010,
Sounds interesting, I'll be sure to get back to ye once I've listened to all of it.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Pretty cool tunes man. Could I be added to the next spot please? I dunno exactly how to do this shit right though, about how long are these supposed to be?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Well, as the name of the site kind of gives away, your mix needs at least eight tracks. You can put more in there, though, I remember Contraband did that back with his mix. Although you might risk people losing interest halfway through.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
well basically as long as there are 8 tracks, it doesn't matter. Last time I had about 4 songs around the 10 minute mark, which already is probably longer than this one. plus another 4, it probably came to over an hour.

but ill add you on.
hmm aight sounds good. i already got some good ideas for what to put on mine
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Good mix, reminds me of the buskers night down at the pub on Monday nights, i'll relisten to this tonight with a pint
I like english folk music, but ugh.... this gave me a headache
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Metal Radio being Metal here i see.

I can't stand this, as i've told you many a time
Quote by andyscoot
Metal Radio being Metal here i see.

I can't stand this, as i've told you many a time

your a nutter though

Even Dan the proud (when it suits) yorkshire man like it.

also, ill add you two

edit: theres a lot of tongues in that post
When it suits? Get lost, you lanky fool!

That being said, I enjoyed it, good mix!

Thanks for the cheeky dedication!

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood