I've been selling a few things to get money for a small tube combo, amps can wait when you find a guitar like this. See, a Standard Faded that has a GOOD-looking finish (as they're very hit or miss, judging from other ugly SF's I've seen) looks better than the regular LP Standard in my opinion. And they're cheaper. This one goes for exactly 10,000 SEK which is about 1,300 USD. I think $1,300 is pretty good. I just might be able to push down the price a hundred or two, we'll see.

I'm really thinking about this. This is nice. This is good. The only problem is, I don't really have the money for it so I might have to borrow from a friend, and then I'll have to take as many shifts as I can to revive my economy, but it'd be damn worth it. The guy bought it in 2006. It's got a 60's neck profile. Comes with certificate of authenticity (or whatever it's called) but I'll ask for a serial number anyway. Also comes with a hardcase. I'll ask for more pictures but he claims it's in mint condition save for a few small scratches on the back of the body.

Anything I should think about when checking in and trying this guitar?

A picture of the guitar has been attached.
Attachments:
3955597277.jpg
Fadeds are nice and $1300 is a good price. I say go for it but make sure you LIKE the guitar first.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i actually like the look of faded lps more.. cool matte-ish finish and i dont have to worry about finger prints so ill play however i like on it
go for it man excellent price.. youll be paying 2x + that here in aus
Even on Ebay now they're starting to command like 200 bucks more than before. You used to be able to pick one up for around $1400 but now they go for $1600- $1700.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
LP's vary so much from one to another, it's really important that you try it out before buying.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Of course I'll try it out and everything, there is no way I'm buying ANY piece of gear without getting my hands on it and trying it first. My question was more regarding when I DO go and try it out. What things should I check for, what questions should I ask, what should I try to keep in mind? There's a lot more to a guitar than meets the eye, and I'm not knowledgeable about all these things. Of course that puts me at a disadvantage no matter what, but the more I know, the less the risks of me making a poor purchase.

I've seen other LP Std Faded around. Each and everyone more expensive than this one, and much uglier. This one; Faded Tobacco Burst. Gotta love it. Diggin' the Zebra pickups, too.
You don't really need to ask for a serial as long as his certificate # matches the headstock # when you pick it up, but if it makes you more comfortable, go for it.

I'd check the neck joint to make sure it hasn't been repaired. Ditto for the headstock.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Metallon
Of course I'll try it out and everything, there is no way I'm buying ANY piece of gear without getting my hands on it and trying it first. My question was more regarding when I DO go and try it out. What things should I check for, what questions should I ask, what should I try to keep in mind? There's a lot more to a guitar than meets the eye, and I'm not knowledgeable about all these things. Of course that puts me at a disadvantage no matter what, but the more I know, the less the risks of me making a poor purchase.

I've seen other LP Std Faded around. Each and everyone more expensive than this one, and much uglier. This one; Faded Tobacco Burst. Gotta love it. Diggin' the Zebra pickups, too.

OK, look it over for scratches and blemishes in the finish. check the action, i once tried a LP which had a ridiculously high nut for example.

check the neck for relief, make sure the truss rod is set properly. check intonation.

finally play it, make sure it feels and sounds right for you.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Look for all the obvious stuff - scratches and dents, missing screws or parts, nice action with a neck and pickups you like. Make sure you play on every fret to make sure there are no bad frets. Fiddle with all the switches and knobs (while plugged in!) to make sure they work, check the intonation. Depending on how new or old the strings are, I also recommend doing some crazy huge bends to see how well it holds tuning.

Also, props. I saw one just like that at GC a while back and loved it; the Fadeds are gorgeous in Tobacco Burst. Took some serious restraint to not buy it.

I don't know if you're looking at that on craigslist or what... but make sure you don't promise to buy it. Make it clear to the seller you're only going to buy it if it fits your fancy. Not doing so is just asking for drama.
Nah, I haven't promised anything. It's not craigslist, it's something I've only seen around Scandinavian countries. I'm extremely interested in the guitar and I've made that clear to him. Both him and I understand that if the examination passes (in terms of condition) then I really will only buy it if it feels good in my hand and sounds right to my ears. But so far he has been extremely helpful and polite and honest. He's answered all my questions and even thrown in some bits of information that in theory would work AGAINST him getting the guitar sold.

So far it feels right, just gotta plug in and play. It should have Burstbucker Pro's #1 and #2 in them, I need to look those up to see what they're about. Here are a close-up shot of the body:
Attachments:
Kopia av DSC_4010.jpg