Ok this may seem a bit nooby but I just don't get it when a tab says this

-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9
----------------------------------------
-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7

How do you play that?

Thanks
thats octaves my friend. mute the ------------------- bit.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
do you know how to read tablature? usually there will be 6 lines (strings) the bottom one is the Low e, in other words, the thickest string. So if where it says 7 is the low e, its saying put your index finegr on the 7th fret of the low e and your ring or pinky on the 9th fret of the a string
well, play it like a chord... Play the 7 with your index, the 9 with your second finger or the pinky. And remember to mute the string in between (you can use your middle finger)...
Yea those are called octaves. There's a few ways to mute the middle string. You could use the underside of your index finger to rest on the string you want to mute, or you could make a power chord shape and let your ring finger sit on the string but not pushing it down to fret it. Make sure that middle string doesnt ring out because in most cases it'll sound awful.
Quote by Dmt8jr
do you know how to read tablature? usually there will be 6 lines (strings) the bottom one is the Low e, in other words, the thickest string. So if where it says 7 is the low e, its saying put your index finegr on the 7th fret of the low e and your ring or pinky on the 9th fret of the a string

I know how to read tab, I'm not an idiot. It was the --------------- bit in the middle I didn't know how to play.

And thanks for the help I thought I would have had to mute the strings but I was just a bit unsure and wanted to clarify properly.