I have used the search button and the infamous Google but could not find anything useful:

With the band I play in we use Drop B flat and Drop A tuning, and where the ernie ball Not Even Slinkys are great I want something a little heavier, was just wondering if anyone new any good sets of strings to use or any combination I can put together eg, top 3 of a 7 string set with some other strings...
Cheers james
Try buying a pack of strings for a 7 string guitar and just throw away lightest one.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
top 3 strings of ernie ball power slinkys are only 38 48 58
which isnt that much of a difference to ernie ball...
maybe try out the dunlop zakk wylde strings...
theyre 10 - 60.
I suggest buying a 7 string or buying a baritone guitar.
I mix my set. My thicker 3 strings are from a regular .010 set and my other strings are from a .009 set.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
There are speciality sets out there, (the bottom string at min-max be a 60-75 seeing as its Drop Bb and A)

Mapes 13-60 (Heavy)
LaBella 13 -70w (HRS series)
D'Addario 12 16 20p 34w 46w 60w (Drop C set, good for about Drop Ab/G#)
LaBella 10 13 26w 36w 52w 64w (Drop 6 Set 10s)
LaBella 11 14 18p 36w 52w 70w (Drop 6 set 11s)
D'Addario 13 17 26w 36w 46w 62w (Baritone Light)
D'Addario 14 18 26w 44w 56w 68w (Baritone Medium)
Ernie Ball .013-.072 (Baritone Slinkys)
GHS .014 - .070 (Baritone)
LaBella 14-70 [Baritone Light)

i didnt see the size of that ernie ball set, brb (fixing post)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Aug 20, 2010,
DR Tite fits are pretty nice, I use DR Tite Fit 9-42 personally, I used Ernie Ball Super Slinky's for awhile, those aren't to bad either
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Buy baritone sets (you’ll have order them from juststrings.com). And get a set of nut files to match, you’re going to need them. Right now I’m using a .13–.62 set, and with jumbo frets they play like butter.
I'm using a set of 13-65's for Drop C. I use Cleartone strings on that guitar. they're coated so they're gonna cost a bit more, but they're woth it, I haven't changed them yet and they still sound great.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Best string gauge, huh?

By far these:

I use them on all my guitars, and they work great!

But seriously,

Quote by connorhxcchaos
top 3 strings of ernie ball power slinkys are only 38 48 58
which isnt that much of a difference to ernie ball...
maybe try out the dunlop zakk wylde strings...
theyre 10 - 60.
I suggest buying a 7 string or buying a baritone guitar.

This.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Best string gauge, huh?

By far these:

I use them on all my guitars, and they work great!

But seriously,

This.

Drop Z#?
Quote by Terrible-Lie
Drop Zb?

fixed?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Terrible-Lie
Drop Z#?

Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by SlayingDragons

Actually i wanted a 9 or 8 string for that reason. have the first 7 or 8 strings tuned to standard them have the bottom string completely bam
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Totally subjective.

I use boring 46-10s.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Actually i wanted a 9 or 8 string for that reason. have the first 7 or 8 strings tuned to standard them have the bottom string completely bam

So you would tune the 8/9th string to ש?

Awesome.

Quote by lefthandedkid
DR Tite fits are pretty nice, I use DR Tite Fit 9-42 personally, I used Ernie Ball Super Slinky's for awhile, those aren't to bad either

I also use Dr tite fits, i use 10-52 tho even tho i use standard
Eh.
Quote by Jotter!
I have used the search button and the infamous Google but could not find anything useful:

With the band I play in we use Drop B flat and Drop A tuning, and where the ernie ball Not Even Slinkys are great I want something a little heavier, was just wondering if anyone new any good sets of strings to use or any combination I can put together eg, top 3 of a 7 string set with some other strings...
Cheers james

use 12s dude
Quote by SlayingDragons

XDDD SIGGED.

Aaanyways, I don't know if you could use baritone strings on a 22-24 fret guitar, but I'd say you could, and they go up to .14-.68 so maybe get some of those?
Quote by SlayingDragons