ok one of my friends lost a best and has posted me his WHOLE pokemon card collection...

it is only cards from the base set because we are both nearly 20 and those cards were the only ones out when we collected them.

but i have had a flick through them and it is nearly a complete set so all it needs is a couple of the holo cards so im wondering if anybody thinks it could be worth spending abit of money on ebay to get the rest of the set and tring to sell it on now or keeping them a few years and then selling them...

so what do you think?

edit:
to avoid confusion i thought i would clarify...
is it worth spending money to get the cards that are missing so i can sell them on as a complete set?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 20, 2010,
No. Only certain cards are worth anything. Your friend probably has mostly junk that nobody would want
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Nah, most people only buy singles.
Most likely this. Typical buyers would be people looking to fill up their incomplete collection, so it might be more lucrative for you to sell the valuable rare cards in your set to those collectors, rather than trying to sell a complete set.
"Got, Got, Got, Got, NEED!" ftw. I miss that

edit: meh.
Last edited by 771M at Aug 21, 2010,
check ebay to see if anyone else is selling full sets and if they are see how much they are selling for, if they aren't selling for much or no one is selling any then don't bother as there obviously isn't a market for it
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
Quote by 771M

I have like one of the rarest (as far as I know) cards. Its some crazy shiny Mew one, I swapped loads of cards for it when they were all the rage.
I've never seen another of the same card

sounds like a fake card.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by 771M

I have like one of the rarest (as far as I know) cards. Its some crazy shiny Mew one, I swapped loads of cards for it when they were all the rage.

I got like 10 of him..
I used to collect them with my brother, the cards are probably still in his room. He got a shiny Charizard one time, and i'd never been so jealous in my life, even though we shared out collections! The hundreds of pounds we must have spent on something utterly pointless...
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by ikitson
I got like 10 of him..

same, they came free with watching the original Pokèmon movie in theatres a long as time ago. I also got the 3 legendary birds from going to the movies then too.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by twowheels
I used to collect them with my brother, the cards are probably still in his room. He got a shiny Charizard one time, and i'd never been so jealous in my life, even though we shared out collections! The hundreds of pounds we must have spent on something utterly pointless...

Quote by twowheels
The hundreds of pounds we must have spent on something utterly pointless...

Quote by twowheels
something utterly pointless...

POKEMON WAS SERIOUS BUSSINESS!

You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
POKEMON WAS SERIOUS BUSSINESS!

Yeah, i suppose it was worth it at the time. Could probably have better spent the money on the games though.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
They were an important part of my childhood because I never had any, thus the others excluded. Fvcking cards.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
same, they came free with watching the original Pokèmon movie in theatres a long as time ago. I also got the 3 legendary birds from going to the movies then too.

Naw, those were promo ones, its not that.
Its not fake either, you can tell if they are.

http://www.prguitarman.com/photos/2009/PR/Pokemon/img228.jpg
There, the one on the left. Apparently its not as rare as I thought, worth like $25 :p
Still never seen another one first hand! Dont burst my bubble
Last edited by 771M at Aug 20, 2010,
I had the base set, it was like 20 digletts, 20 machops, and the occasional ponyta.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Is this the base set that you bought in the box and it had like 20 machops, some geodudes, a machoke, a graveller and a machamp? Because that bunch of cards sucked.
no i mean the full collection of the base set...

charizard alakazam, all the way through to the energys

it doesnt matter now anyway, i have done a deal with some guy on ebay who is getting me the remaining cards for £10

not a bad buy =)

and like people have posted, there doenst seem to be much of a market for them yet so in about 20 years time when i dig the complete set out of my attic i can stick them on FBay (gone futuristic on your ass!) and get loads of cash for them =)

ok so there is my life plan.... get rich off pokemon cards lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Pokemon cards... psh. Dragon Ball Z cards were the real shit.

Although I also had and played Pokemon cards. u_u
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
The cards were pointless. The nintendo game and TV show were awesome, though. I'll still play the Gameboy game sometimes.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
If you still have your virginity lose it before you start any of this. Trust me.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Astyan
Pokemon cards... psh. Dragon Ball Z cards were the real shit.

Although I also had and played Pokemon cards. u_u

DBZ cards... psh. Yu-Gi-Oh! cards were the read shit

I have about 30 of the holographic mews. There was a pokemon card league thing and they gave them away, so I stole like 20. I'm not sure how many I have, but it's a lot.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Zolom
If you still have your virginity lose it before you start any of this. Trust me.

haha the thing is unlike most of the pit... i did, a long time ago lol

the people that actually collect these things are doing it out of material possession where as i am doing it to try and make money... something has gotta pay for the car insurance and the next cow of a gf that walks in and out of my life (im not bitter about it... HONEST!)
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by 771M

Is it like purple with weird 'ancient' writing? and the mews all hylogryphic?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic

****ing gold ass charizard. I never should've lost him
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by ProphetToJables
Is it like purple with weird 'ancient' writing? and the mews all hylogryphic?

No, I was talking out of my arse. I've seen that card though, looks awesome.
Thought mine was super rare cos I never saw another one, even when I was sad enough to go to a convention thing (I was young!). Turns out its not :p

edit: Gold Charizard - AWESOME