I've been looking at the Jackson with the Kelly body. Per the Jackson site they have the KE-2, KE-3 and a KE-5 model as well as the entry level JS32T model.

Anyway, I found a used Jackson for a good price (maybe...) but it's labeled as an RE-3 model. No searching on the 'net has turned up anything for this RE model except for the ad itself for the guitar. Most hits direct me to the Resident Evil video game.

Someone suggested that this could be an imported model, but most sites show all those models as well.

Any of you Jackson players out there able to help me nail this one down? Thanks in advance.
Im guessing RR 3, but hit the E by mistake as it's next to the R

*edit*

Oh wait, kelly shape got confused between RR and KE?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Aug 20, 2010,
If it's a Kelly, then that could just be a typo. It could be KE-3. The Rhoads and King V guitars have a different designation (RR & KV respectively I think).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
So you think it is the KE model?

Just curious, for an import model (believe it's from China) would <$200 be a good deal? I know the US models are around $800 list.
Last edited by cheapthrylls at Aug 20, 2010,
KE. Not RE. Either KE or RR.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by cheapthrylls
So you think it is the KE model?

Just curious, for an import model (believe it's from China) would <$200 be a good deal? I know the US models are around $800 list.

Do you have any pictures for us Jackson buffs to have a look at?

Sounds like it's probably the KE3, which is Japanese built by the way.

Jackson don't build anything in China, the entry JS models are built in India, while the X, Pro and MG series are built in Japan, and the USA Selects are, well, American!

I don't know where you're seeing those $800 US models, because I've only ever seen them that cheap used. The Jackson price lists put them at $2400 - $3500 depending on model and finish, and from what I've seen in the USA they tend to sell for $2000 - $2500.