Hey,
I might be in the market for a bass soon, but i am beginner, of course i have played guitar before and bass maybe once or twice. i'm really looking for an amp and bass for something very tool-esque, and with some good capabalities for slap bass too.
recommend away.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
For once I'm not going to recommend Squier. I think you should look at an Ibanez SRX bass.

He uses Gallien Kruger amps but don't get a cheap on of those, their low end stuff is horrible.
Ibanez is going to be one of your better bets, but I agree--how much money are you playing with?
Lets saymax 210
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I would second a Squier Jazz Bass, they get the growly sort of tone you need for prog. Just make sure you change your strings often for that nice deep growl.

On my Fender Jazz, the growl from new strings sounds amazing even on my crappy little practice amp (which is all I have now ).
Quote by adj209
Lets saymax 210

You have to bare in mind that we're all from varying parts of the world and as such use different currencies. £210 is not $210 is not 210 euro is not 210 canadian dollars and so on.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
try a squier active jazz.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Prog? Rush? P-Bass?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
another vote for squire jazz. i love my fender jazz for the organic twang it gets, but keep in mind his tone is nearly impossible to get. Wals are very distinctive and he uses just a feww effects LOL