I quite liked it, the soft parts were very good, reminded me of a more electronicy sigur ros in places. I didn't really like the middle 'harder' bit though, I thought it was too loud and brash to fit with the rest of the track. I'm all for the quiet/loud dynamic in songs but in this case I don't think it quite worked. Individually both parts were good, particularly the soft one.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352367
Thanks for your crit on my jam

okay, Electronica is the only genre of music I will never get into, but here it goes.

I can't really say if the song would work since I don't know anything about that genre, but seeing as all the transitions are fluent, the song's structure is simple but working and there aren't any obvious "faults" in there, it's a good song.

only thing that bugs me is your chord progression. That kind of chord progression is fairly common and it usually stays on the 3rd chord for the rest of one sequence, while you have 2 additional chord changes at the end of each sequence (1sequence=4bars for reference)

correct me if I'm wrong, but when you go back to the first chord in each 4th bar, it irritates me a bit becaus eit soudns so unresolved. That goes for the intro and outro parts.

for the upbeat part in the middle, I generally dislike going back to the first chord before one sequence ends. It always seems to be so boring and unimaginative. Though I guess, if you want to make money with your music, you have to do that

overall a pretty good song, definitely more interesting than other stuff from this genre.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Cool song, i can totally hear chasing cars over the top of it but at the same time it can stand alone. I really like the whole build up, my only criticism would be maybe it happens a bit fast, maybe it needs a bit more time to build up just to make it a bit more dramatic. Overall I really enjoyed it though and the softer section at the end was definitely the right way to finish it.

Crit mine? It's fairly snow patrol influenced aswell
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352497
Quote by NiallCatney
Cool song, i can totally hear chasing cars over the top of it but at the same time it can stand alone. I really like the whole build up, my only criticism would be maybe it happens a bit fast, maybe it needs a bit more time to build up just to make it a bit more dramatic. Overall I really enjoyed it though and the softer section at the end was definitely the right way to finish it.

I might add to that, too.
you basically got only 3 parts in there, intro, climax and outro. it can't hurt to stretch the buildup a bit, without making it boring of course.

On a side note, the song kinda reminded me of a love song, I heard some kind of longing and yearning. With only slight changes in the chord progression, you could easily change the subject of the song. I still was able to see teh image of chasing cars, though.

hell, maybe that's just a metaphor anyway
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
hey man,

listened to the song. wasn't really expecting to hear something like this on UG but its really quite good. reminds me of tiesto and deadmau5 and other things i used to listen to in boarding school. the buildup could really be stretched, making the drop a lot more effective, but the synths sounded good. what did you use to record this? sounds good.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350111

cheers