So I'm listening to Modest Mouse right now, drunk as an Irishman, and every song which I normally skip over sounds freaking awesome. Have you guys had any other experiences where a band sounds epic when drunk but mediocre when sober?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
The shitty music at clubs always seems good when I'm drunk, very drunk
Everything sounds better when you're on the piss.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Most definitely, the heavier the better when I'm drunk, I also seemed to develop a tolerance to the gash music played in clubs
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Deadlock Riff
im never drunk so no

You should try it. I truly believe that it would be foolish to go throughout life without being drunk sometimes. Sure, you can argue that you don't need alcohol to have fun, but it does make even slightly boring things hilarious. I don't particularly like being associated with the whole young-person-drinking is rad culture, but for me anyway, it unlocks parts of my brain which are usually blocked.

Edit: lol I said rad.

Another edit: I love my headphones.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Aug 20, 2010,
Blood Sugar Sex Magik by RHCP
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
I don't particularly like Enter Shikari, yet when I'm drunk and my friends put one of their songs on, I don't mind it.
Quote by Jlovesmetal
Blood Sugar Sex Magik by RHCP

Does not compute. BSSM always sounds god.

ALWAYS. OBEY.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
You should try it. I truly believe that it would be foolish to go throughout life without being drunk sometimes. Sure, you can argue that you don't need alcohol to have fun, but it does make even slightly boring things hilarious. I don't particularly like being associated with the whole young-person-drinking is rad culture, but for me anyway, it unlocks parts of my brain which are usually blocked.

Edit: lol I said rad.

Another edit: I love my headphones.

It's true. I honestly believe there are moments in life that we just aren't meant to be sober during.
Quote by archangels
Flogging Molly.

Although I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of the band.

your avatar is the avatar! lol
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by archangels
Flogging Molly.

Although I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of the band.

I just watched the video for Drunken Lullabies. Tomorrow I am oiling my rollerblades and going crazy.

Edit: Wait, that's a skateboard...Where the hell did I get rollerblades from?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by breadstick
Does not compute. BSSM always sounds god.

ALWAYS. OBEY.

It can sound better while drunk but still always sound good you know.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Everything sounds better when drunk. Specifically country, I can't listen to country sober.
Quote by 1e0ye0e0s
alchohol sucks...

Wrong. Don't be discouraged by idiots who seek to be drunk 24/7 and live for weekends. Alcohol can be good as long as you know when to use it. So being born in 1994, you would be 16. I know at that age that all the D'bags live to drink, but don't let that colour your opinions on alcohol. One can enjoy alcohol and not be a doucher at the same time. Take me for example, I'm ****ing awesome.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Srv, angels and airwaves, pretty much anything if you're drunk.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by breadstick
Wrong. Don't be discouraged by idiots who seek to be drunk 24/7 and live for weekends. Alcohol can be good as long as you know when to use it. So being born in 1994, you would be 16. I know at that age that all the D'bags live to drink, but don't let that colour your opinions on alcohol. One can enjoy alcohol and not be a doucher at the same time. Take me for example, I'm ****ing awesome.

alcohol is bad for you bro. kills your braincells, kills your liver, kills your throat. I'd rather be carefull with my body, I'll need to use it for quite a long time.

OT: Kaiserchiefs, Wombats, Kasabain, *insert any other bands that are really cool on festivals*
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
alcohol is bad for you bro. kills your braincells, kills your liver, kills your throat. I'd rather be carefull with my body, I'll need to use it for quite a long time.

OT: Kaiserchiefs, Wombats, Kasabain, *insert any other bands that are really cool on festivals*

...This coming from "the bartender"? Anyway, I am careful with my body and I am pretty seriously into health and fitness, but to live life without doing potentially anything which is potentially harmful is a tragedy. Risk = Exhilaration.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Jyrgen
Bon Jovi

+everything.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by the bartender

It'll kill you in hour if you're stupid. It can potentially add years onto your life if you're not.