I would want to know more about string through guitar construction, 'cause i have never played or even seen one. Do the strings go through the whole body or just inside it? Is it harder to change the strings? I heard it has better sustain but are the benefits greater than the disadvantages? I dont use trem arm so thats no problem, but is there any else disadvantages?
On a string through the strings usually go through the body either behind the bridge, or under the bridge. They are held in place in the back of the guitar with string ferrules.
Its not any harder to string up a string-thru than it is a stop-tail guitar. The sustain difference is negligible. The strings vibrate from the nut to the saddles. The vibration of the strings is transferred to the body through the bridge. The strings don't really do anything musical after you have passed the saddles, so there isn't a big difference between string-thru and stoptail pieces.
ok thanks Im buying new guitar and I have been thinking of string thru, but If it would have been harder to use it i wouldnt have (maybe) bought it...
Quote by guitar/bass95
ok thanks Im buying new guitar and I have been thinking of string thru, but If it would have been harder to use it i wouldnt have (maybe) bought it...

There's nothing harder about them. All my axes are string-thru hardtails. Even the two I built.
well the only slight difference is there is slightly increased tension due to the angle the strings reach the saddles.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.