im trying to find the cheapest guitar in GC that actually works nicely and is pretty durable. I wonder if this is a good one:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-PR-150-Acoustic-Guitar-102321213-i1172560.gc

Opinions plz. Durability matters most to me now......Dont care abot tone quality...i'll upgrade it sometime later.
That probably isn't a very good guitar. If you'd be willing to spend 200 you could get a yamaha fg700s which has a solid top. It is a better overall guitar, and I imagine it would be durable as any guitar.

What exactly do you mean by durability? What are you going to be using it for?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
when i was looking for a less expensive guitar, i tried 'em all, and i really wasn't inspired by the sound of the PR-150, or actually the finish. i also found the frets on the ones i played weren't well seated.

the gf700s is a very good suggestion in the lower price ranges, but if you just can't swing that, i'd recommend this one
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-F335-Acoustic-Guitar-102919487-i1166364.gc

good sound for a lam, and pretty good quality, too - just as one would expect from yamaha. makes playing a lot more fun.

if you're sure you don't care about tone quality, they'll often sell a mitchell dread for $99.99. will it make you want to play? who knows, but it does play. and keep in mind that the labor day sale will lower the price on some of these.
Last edited by patticake at Aug 20, 2010,
actually i play electric guitar (shredding, heavy metal, rock...etc.) for a while now. I sddenly got into "softer" kind of stuff like folk and oldies pop and want to try an acoustic. But uh.....im still a kid so the budget's kinda tight... maybe something around $100 is fine. So i figured id check out the cheap stuff/used stuff at GC rather than go to a yard sale......

by durable i mean, it can last long, u can smash it everywhere and bring it to any kind of terrain and wont be screwed up. and i dont care about the tone as long as it at least sounds like a guitar and can play music. I'll worry bout the tone when i actually get a job and can afford one or start performing or something...
haha when i bought my first guitar i was going to either get that or the DR-100

my cheap arse opted for the DR-100 and its actually a pretty nice guitar once you put the right strings on it! i wouldn't think that the two guitars would be that much different though so i say get it! just be sure to change the stock strings!