why was it closed? i know there are no vs threads but it was just a bit of fun

i've been on this site for five minutes and no one has been ****ing nice to me
If you know there were no vs threads, why'd you make one...? Of course it's gonna get closed!

Welcome to UG
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
it clearly states "no versus threads" which is what you posted
don't be discouraged by people being nasty, i think your username may make you an easy target though unfortunately due to the large number of metalheads on this site
Last edited by dweb23 at Aug 20, 2010,
Fun or not, it's still against the rules. Tough Sh*t.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by bono_from_u2
i did, i already said i knew the rules

edit: reported

Whats the point in reporting a mod? And If you know the rules why are you crying over your closed vs. thread?
everyone except one person has been mean to me so far on this forum. what is everyone's problem. why can't people just have a bit of fun
Quote by Matt420740
Whats the point in reporting a mod? And If you know the rules why are you crying over your closed vs. thread?

i was jut some fun i didn't think it was so strict here. what's the point in being so strict
well you see, when you read the rules, and then you disregard them, the consequences that were pointed out in the if you don't obey the rules bit, they tend to happen.....you follow?
What's the point of following the rules? Make a goal using your hands in a soccer game - why so strict?
The important thing is to never stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Quote by conor-figgy
well you see, when you read the rules, and then you disregard them, the consequences that were pointed out in the if you don't obey the rules bit, they tend to happen.....you follow?

but there's no point in being this strict
Quote by bono_from_u2
i was jut some fun i didn't think it was so strict here. what's the point in being so strict

So the forums don't get clogged with pointless threads.

Its not that they are being assholes or anything, I kinda thought that when I first joined, as did a lot of other users. But soon you'll understand there is a need for closing threads once you've been here a while and seen the bullshit that gets posted sometimes.
Quote by conor-figgy
but then what are the point of rules?

for keeping people who are seriously causing trouble in place
Quote by bono_from_u2
everyone except one person has been mean to me so far on this forum. what is everyone's problem. why can't people just have a bit of fun

Think about it, there's like, 3 bazillion people on UG, if say, 5% of them were to make spam threads, it would clutter up the forms like no other.

I know it sucks dude, but there are rules, without rules, chaos would ensue, nobody's trying to be mean, but you have to follow the rules just like the rest of us.

Lighten up, we're not all bad.
Quote by ladygagaXtreme
u guys r very meen for hatin hm becuz he likes bono!!! bono is awsum!! juust becuz u like metal

thanks man
Quote by ethan_hanus
Think about it, there's like, 3 bazillion people on UG, if say, 5% of them were to make spam threads, it would clutter up the forms like no other.

I know it sucks dude, but there are rules, without rules, chaos would ensue, nobody's trying to be mean, but you have to follow the rules just like the rest of us.

Lighten up, we're not all bad.

i hope everyone isn't that bad.
why don't you have a forum where people can say whatever they wanted
Dude. The rules are pretty damn simple here, and the mods are pretty relaxed unless some bonehead does something stupid.

I've never had a problem with strict mods, locking threads, or anything else since I've been here.

Key - stop acting like a jackass and everyone gets along fine.

By the way, (and this is off topic, should go in your other thread, but pah) nice Chillis cover.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
explain the point of the rule no v's threads......go look at any news item that's a top 10, eg. best drummer, joey jordisson won, and people got quite upset about it, it's to stop people saying ______ are shit, to which a big fan will reply ''f*** you you b*****d etc. you get me now?
Last edited by conor-figgy at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by bono_from_u2
why was it closed? i know there are no vs threads but it was just a bit of fun

i've been on this site for five minutes and no one has been ****ing nice to me

Like someone said your username makes you an easy target, dont worry about it though. Also don't forget this IS the internet after all, people love to say things, because they know there aren't any consequences, so if someone disagrees with one thing, they will flip out, but dont worry man, this is a great site if you use it correctly, and that does mean following rules a bit, and the people on here can be really helpful if you have something good to say.
In summary, follow the rules, and don't try and report the mods.
/Thread, right?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by Joeval
Dude. The rules are pretty damn simple here, and the mods are pretty relaxed unless some bonehead does something stupid.

I've never had a problem with strict mods, locking threads, or anything else since I've been here.

Key - stop acting like a jackass and everyone gets along fine.

By the way, (and this is off topic, should go in your other thread, but pah) nice Chillis cover.

thanks for the feedback on the cover

i'll stick with it
Quote by HeretiK538
In summary, follow the rules, and don't try and report the mods.
/Thread, right?

no! what about my question about starting a new forum
Quote by bono_from_u2
no! what about my question about starting a new forum

well as i said before things can (probably won't but can) get out of hand, and lets just say two gays/girls get reall pissed at each other and it turns out they live near enough to each other (as can happen in big cities) violence can result, and if anything serious happened UG might be deemed responsible. Although it might never happen it's not the stuff you want happening in your forums and on your legal bill. this any help?
Quote by Yoda_is_real
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA above me lies the funniest thing i have ever read here.

wel starwars sux so ther hahahahaha
Quote by conor-figgy
well as i said before things can (probably won't but can) get out of hand, and lets just say two gays/girls get reall pissed at each other and it turns out they live near enough to each other (as can happen in big cities) violence can result, and if anything serious happened UG might be deemed responsible. Although it might never happen it's not the stuff you want happening in your forums and on your legal bill. this any help?

people can beat each other up in clubs. the clubs still open though.

p.s. up the cats!