Hey, need a bit of advice on some general shit.

I'm currently starting up a grindcore influenced hardcore band and i'm in desperate need of an equipment revamp, my guitar is fine, just purchased a new one.

I've been playing for about 3 years, but i've never had a great deal of money or interest in anything other than playing, so my knowledge of good equipment and prices etc is shit to say the least. I was playing an Orange amp, which is to say the least, was great, I love the tone and they can pack a good punch to them, but the time has come, i'm in need of a half stack, so any recommendations for cabinets and amp heads, I'm torn towards getting a good Orange head if i'm honest, but you probably know better than me.

All i'm looking for is a head that can pack a punch distortion wise, but still remain clear and not just be a mass of fuzz, blah blah, i'm not sure how to word it, anyway, if you take the time to reply and help me out, cheers.
Mesa Dual rec
Or a Mesa Mark IV or V
Peavey 5150 or 6505+
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Aug 20, 2010,
jet city amps??
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

Budget? If it's not an issue, then a 5150/6505(+) would serve you well, as well as a Mesa Rec. If you're broke like me, Crate is the king of making stuff that's really cheap and really good for heavy genres. If there's one in your area, check out the Crate Blue Voodoo, you won't be disappointed.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by TMSmity95
jet city amps??

lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Hmmm, i've never really thought about budget, but I think 500 would be my budget, that's off the top of my head like, also, I don't mind buying second hand, it saves you money and you get some really decent equipment
Quote by Cinnamonguy
I was playing an Orange amp, which is to say the least, was great, I love the tone and they can pack a good punch to them, but the time has come, i'm in need of a half stack

Why?

If you're happy with the tone, mic your cab at gigs and be done with it.