To design the Russian Big Muff with no AC adapter input

I know they make adapters that attach to the 9v attachment, but my local GC are such assholes, they say you can only get that little piece if you purchase the $35 1-Spot kit
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
It might be a sound thing moreso than a power thing. Maybe the Russian Muffs sound bad with a power supply.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cause Russia is a harsh place, the smallest crime and they send you off to Siberia for five years, second offense, ten years. There is no third offense.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Cause Russia is a harsh place, the smallest crime and they send you off to Siberia for five years, second offense, ten years. There is no third offense.

In Mother Russia, horse rides YOU!

Quote by LoudLove5150

In Mother Russia, horse rides YOU!

and imagine how much worse that is in Siberia, when it is 30 below 0
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

UNLESS THE CRIMINAL LIKES MAKING SNOW ANGELS!

all jokes aside, just google around those adapters can get pretty cheap
Quote by Littleangus44
UNLESS THE CRIMINAL LIKES MAKING SNOW ANGELS!

all jokes aside, just google around those adapters can get pretty cheap

Even though the Big Muff isn't exactly a traditional fuzz, most fuzzes sound better powered off one of those shit, dollar store carbon batteries than a regulated supply. Plus they use next to no power even when they're on so I'd just leave it as it is.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
On another note, the Russian Muff doesn't drain the battery in bypass. So unlike many other pedals you can leave it connected on the pedalboard as long as you put it in bypass. Unfortunately before I adapted my to the power supply I used to leave mine on and drain the battery all the time.
^ Pretty sure no fuzz drains the battery while in bypass.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by fly135
On another note, the Russian Muff doesn't drain the battery in bypass. So unlike many other pedals you can leave it connected on the pedalboard as long as you put it in bypass. Unfortunately before I adapted my to the power supply I used to leave mine on and drain the battery all the time.

i would like to let everyone know that this statement is freaking false lol

i used to believe this, and i left my russian muff plugged in and turned off for 2 days without using it, and when i did use it, TADAAAAAAA

no more juice
Because theyre cheapy budget EHX pedals. Wiring in a power jack would be extra expense.

You can do it yourself easily enough.

I thought all pedals drew battery power when theyre plugged in wether bypassed or not? Stereo input jack acts as a switching mechanism to connect the power to the circuit.

The input is stereo on my old muff. So i imagine it would.
Quote by beckyjc
Because theyre cheapy budget EHX pedals. Wiring in a power jack would be extra expense.

You can do it yourself easily enough.

I thought all pedals drew battery power when theyre plugged in wether bypassed or not? Stereo input jack acts as a switching mechanism to connect the power to the circuit.

The input is stereo on my old muff. So i imagine it would.

I know leaving your cable plugged in will drain your battery with active pickups. I always assumed the same was true for the input/output of a pedal.

Quote by Darkflame

i used to believe this, and i left my russian muff plugged in and turned off for 2 days without using it, and when i did use it, TADAAAAAAA

no more juice

This is true. The big muffs actually come with instructions that tell you to unplug the input to save battery.
Quote by beckyjc
Yeah its the same thing with actives in guitars, uses a stereo input jack.

Its only the input of a pedal you need to unplug tho.

Yeah, I'm just weird and like to unplug both

Quote by beckyjc
Yeah its the same thing with actives in guitars, uses a stereo input jack.

Its only the input of a pedal you need to unplug tho.

This. You left it plugged in too long.

My Clyde Deluxe and Teese are both true bypass, so no buffer, and you still need to unplug them when you're not using them because it drains the battery.

I've also never seen a fuzz with a buffer, in response to a previous post. Not that I'm claiming one doesn't exist, I've just never encountered one.

Quote by Darkflame

no more juice
the schematic says otherwise.

http://www.singlecoil.com/docs/russian_muff.pdf

Mine was permanently connected on my pedalboard and the only time the battery went down was when I left it on. I could go check the circuit on mine and give definitive answer if anyone thinks it's important.
My black russian wiring is nothing like that. ^

Though its a newish kinda one, (came in the cardboard box rather than wooden one) with truebypass.
OK, I took mine apart and checked it out. It draws 1.6ma when off. I was wrong.

I originally put a toggle switch on the battery lead because I assumed it drew current as most pedals do. Later I saw the schematic and thought I wasted my time and just needed to switch to bypass. But I kept forgetting to put it in bypass so I wired a DC input to run it from a PS.
Quote by LoudLove5150
To design the Russian Big Muff with no AC adapter input

I know they make adapters that attach to the 9v attachment, but my local GC are such assholes, they say you can only get that little piece if you purchase the $35 1-Spot kit

tell them they are wrong, and their website proves it. just show them this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Visual-Sound-Battery-Clip-Converter-for-1-SPOT-154006-i1423918.gc

then hand the guy $3 + tax and make him give you one.
Quote by jof1029
tell them they are wrong, and their website proves it. just show them this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Visual-Sound-Battery-Clip-Converter-for-1-SPOT-154006-i1423918.gc

then hand the guy $3 + tax and make him give you one.

I did that the last time. I even showed him the ad online, and he just goes -shrug- "sorry, dude. Unless you pay for it, I can't break it open."