I've been looking for a good interface for AmpliTube and for recording vocals and guitar, but I really have no idea where to start. I've seen the Line 6 UX2 and the Alesis IO2, but I'm wanting to know what else is out there. So what's the best USB/FW interface? I don't really have a set budget, but I'd like it to be around $100-200.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
the popular answer is 'wrong forum'.

the real answer is, "you can spend as much money on an audio interface as you want'

the economic answer is "get a 1/4" to 1/8" converter and plug right into you comps line in"

my personal experience, "I like my presonus firebox for small stuff and my presonus firestudio for more inputs"
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I really like my interface from Line 6. I think the line of products is called Studio GX. I got the cheapest model but it works fine for pure guitar recording and is bundled with a bunch of good software such as POD farm, which enables you to experiment with a lot of different guitar tones.
Do you need more than the very basics? The Line6 Pod Studio GX has a guitar in, a usb out and a line out, and it's perfectly fine.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
gum's on the right track... my take is interfaces are like cables, get the best you can afford. I like the Ensemble by Apogee. In your price range I'd be looking at MOTU and Presonus stuff, both great vs. the cost. If you want to go cheap, Line6 is fine, just remember you get what you pay for.