my pickup has died? on my ESP LTD M-100FM. It has 3way pickup selector but only one works, so im guessing one of the humbuckers died or something. anyone know how to check or fix this so i can try to check it out without ruining it even more
Open that bitch up and see if any wires are disconnected.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
do u know what wires go with which ones? im low on money i can't afford to go to a tech right now
emgs?

go to emginc.com and go to the wiring section and find your setup
make sure the volume knob is all the way up...

as silly as that sounds, i almost sent mine to the shop till i checked it out and discovered i turned it down :P

i'd spray WD-40 on the selector insides.
EMG's have a connector system on the back, make sure they're plugged in. next take a look at the solder joints on your pickup selector. chances are that one of the wires has come loose. if thats not the problem, check the grounding of the pick ups, should be a bare wire, and it should be soldered to the volume pot, or tone pot. if that's not it, make sure the white wire (i have passive so i'm not sure if they have the same color code) is connected to the volume pot should be a couple of prongs. just check all the solder joints, if they look frayed or corroded, you can clean them, and re solder. but be careful if you do not to use too much solder and heat the components to much. Use a soldering iron, not a gun, the gun will mess up your pickups.
lol i've checked that, i moved the pickup slightly higher to check if it doesnt capture the sound, and it doesnt work, so im gonna open it up and check the website to see how it should be
But... that particular model doesn't come with EMGs.

?!
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
its standard esp pickups, im looking for the guitar manual, but i can't find it lol anyone ever dealt with pickups?