Personally for me in my case it depends on the tuning

but regardless, I would have your guitar set up by a professional. If you put on a high-gauge of strings, you'd need to adjust the truss rod

and wait.....Metallica.. you don't go on a forum called AP by any chance do you (only because of your avatar icon)
Last edited by disasterpiece91 at Aug 20, 2010,
they are typically used for drop tunings, so the heavier gauge actually keeps the same tension as the rest of the strings when down tuned.. at least thats my understanding of it..

I have 10-52's on right now.. i go between drop D and half step down with no issues..
If I can use those same strings on a thin Wizard neck? For over a year now with that same gauge? In Standard tuning?

you'll be fine, I promise
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by disasterpiece91

but regardless, I would have your guitar set up by a professional. If you put on a high-gauge of strings, you'd need to adjust the truss rod

so what?why do grown up people pee in their pants when they hear truss rod?its really really really easy to adjust the truss rod

great place to learn those stuff

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

give it to a professional if you really want,you'l prolly have to adjust the truss rod and (maybe) intonate it again
Quote by disasterpiece91

and wait.....Metallica.. you don't go on a forum called AP by any chance do you (only because of your avatar icon)

Hi, Rud.

anyways,
I plan on using it for drop tunings, but also in standard tunings and sometime in E standard. Oh and thanks for that ibanez link
i went from standards to 10-52s and usually play in standard or drop d but i havent adjusted the truss rod or anything or had any problems
then you arent as low as you could be! lol...

but agreed... the truss rod is incredibly basic, as is the entire guitar... its 100yr old technology!! i learned how to set up a guitar in a day... and it was the day after i bought my first guitar..

dont pay someone to do something you can easily do yourself.. unless you have money to burn..
Yeah, I learnt how to set up my guitar myself too, and usually fix stuff on my own. I guess I'll go for these 10-52s and see how they are.
They are great but the

EB Skinny Top Heavy Bottom are far superior IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I use 11-56 on my guitar, and it's tuned to Drop D. Works fine
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10