This pedal claims to be more than a noise gate. They say it acts as a noise gate as well as reducing unwanted noise while you're playing. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it. Does it suck tone? Does it really love up to what EHX advertises? Opinions?
Quote by Metro Gnome
This pedal claims to be more than a noise gate. They say it acts as a noise gate as well as reducing unwanted noise while you're playing. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it. Does it suck tone? Does it really love up to what EHX advertises? Opinions?

Given that it's EHX, probably not.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I don't think it's a really a noise gate, it's meant to get rid of the 60s cycle hum you get from single coils.

Dammit. So something like that wouldn't really be suited for a metal player eh?
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Given that it's EHX, probably not.

This ^

Quote by Metro Gnome
Dammit. So something like that wouldn't really be suited for a metal player eh?

Not really. You'd be better off with a good gate if your having noise issues.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 20, 2010,
it's not realy a noise gate, all it is realy effective at is reducing the amount of hum coming from single coil pickups, if you want a noise gate look at something like a boss ns2 or isp decimator
Quote by britishsligean
if you want a noise gate look at something like a boss ns2 or isp decimator

the ISP Decimator is much better than the Boss NS2, so get a Decimator.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Get a MXR Smart Gate.

I've heard many times that the Hum Debugger also screws up harmonics.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I don't think it's a really a noise gate, it's meant to get rid of the 60s cycle hum you get from single coils.

this, it's not a "noise gate"