So yesterday I was trying out amps but they only had the the line 6 and the salesman said they didn't carry Peavy's "because they're crap" so i played the line 6 and it sounded ok if i tried i could probably get they sounds i want as long as it's not to high gain because gain on that amp makes it sound like pure garbage. No stores near me carry the vyper so I will not be able to try it but from what i heard it is pretty good I will mainly be playing Iron Maiden Pantera and some old ozzy I just want to know what you guys think.
Vypyr is better to me. People say the IV is a step up from the IIIs, but I didn't hear much of a difference. Most people here aren't a fan of Spiders, and will reccomend the Peaveys much more.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
OK thanks i might just go out on a limb and order one online and i guess i could always return it.
also look into the vox vt30 or the roland cube 30 if you want a 30w modeling amp
^ That guy speaks some truth too. What do you play, whats your budget, where do you live, are you willing to go used?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Vypyr is a lot better, the amp simulation is far superior. The Line 6 is a decent practice amp to jam around at low volumes, but not something you'd want to use live or record with, they've got about as much headroom as a Mini Cooper
ohai little sig.
You should get the tube Vypyr if you can afford it. Very much better. If not, the normal Vypyr is still better than line 6, because its made by a company that also makes real amps. I'm not a fan of modeling amps at all, which is ironic because my current amp is a Line 6. It sounds pretty good by itself, but it doesn't have much feel to it, very digital, and it doesn't blend with non-digital amps like at all. I'm gonna upgrade to a Valveking as soon as I get money though. And the guy who said Peavey is bad is an idiot. They may not be quite Mesa or Marshall (old Marshall, Plexi and JCM800 Marshall) status, but they're right up under them. Line 6, on the other hand, should stick with effect pedals, because thats all their amps are. Effect pedals with speakers.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

the vypyr is a really good sounding budget modeling amp. the spider IV has some cool things, such as a really good pitch shifter and slightly better tone than the III, but its tone still isnt that great, and i'd pick a vypyr over it any day
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.