Hey people, I need some help in buying amplifier. currently I am using squier amp which I bought in package with my Fender squier guitar. I might be considering a new guitar for my metal song such as ibanez or schecter synyster custom.
I'm a newbie and like to play rock and metal like avenged sevenfold stuff. I also play some kind of blues songs.
I went to my music shop and interested in Marshall MG15FX or MG30FX. However, the seller recommend the Line6 spider IV 30 or 75 depends on how much money I would put on the amps...
so just want an opinion on which one is better as I play at home and some normal occasion..not a big gig yet..
Go for the Line6 spider IV 75 because its easy to use for begginers but if you plan on getting serious get a marshall.
Quote by Galgawine
Go for the Line6 spider IV 75 because its easy to use for begginers but if you plan on getting serious get a marshall.

Ignore this guy.

Look at the Peavey Vypyrs!
In that budget, the practice amps I've used and liked are Peavey Vypyrs and Roland Microcubes. Line 6's entry level is terrible, and Marshall MGs are an embarrassment.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Although I wouldn't normally ever recommend a Line 6 amp, since your looking for a 2nd step beginner amp, I would probably actually go with the Line 6. I don't know how they sound to you, but I've played on a Marshall MG series amp, and it was one of the most disappointing experiences in my life. I didn't have a lot of time to find a good tone, but as far as I got with it it sounded a lot worse than my Line 6 Spider II. You should also look into the smaller Peavey amps. Always go to a store and play an amp before you buy it though, if at all possible.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Galgawine

bro that is complete bullshit. MG series amps are pieces of shit and decent marshals are upwards of a $1000. in fact many professional musicians dont use marshall amps.

TS, have a look at some Peavey Vypyrs they're alright for practice modelling amps, if not the peavey go for the line 6
Thanks guys, My budget is no more than 500nzd. there's no peavey amp at the musicshop tho..I might be considering line 6, is that right?
you from NZ? have a look on trade me theres some decent stuff there, but buy in your area and go and try it out first

if your looking for peavey youll have to go into music works shops or music planet or tv and sound shops
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by CreepingDeath13
bro that is complete bullshit. MG series amps are pieces of shit and decent marshals are upwards of a $1000. in fact many professional musicians dont use marshall amps.

TS, have a look at some Peavey Vypyrs they're alright for practice modelling amps, if not the peavey go for the line 6

I got a marshall as high as my waist that sounds amazing for 350$
Quote by Galgawine
I got a marshall MG Half Stack as high as my waist that sounds amazing to my untrained ears but garbage to anyone else for 350$

Fixed
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
no dont get any of those. Both are horrible.

Try to get a Peavey Vypyr 30. If u cant find that, get a roland cube 30x.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Peavey Vypyr 30 is the best in my experience but if you want to save a bit of money, look for a used Roland Cube 30X as you should be able to pick one up in near mint condition.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Talentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgawine
I got a marshall MG Half Stack as high as my waist that sounds amazing to my untrained ears but garbage to anyone else for 350$

Fixed

@Galgawine - play a nice tube amp and youll see what awesome sounding really is
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Aug 29, 2010,
My advice is to not upgrade horizontally. You'll hate yourself in a few months.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
My advice is to not upgrade horizontally. You'll hate yourself in a few months.

it can be hard not to when your on a budget. oh and dont forget the rediculous overpricing of amps in NZ
How is the used selection in NZ? I don't know what the selection is, but you might be able to find a used ValveKing.

XE converts 500NZD to ~350USD. I don't know if the pricing on products is consistent though.

If you can't get anything nicer than a SS modeling amp, then I will and always will vote for a Peavey Vypyr. When I got mine, I played all the usual suspects - even to my underdeveloped ears, the Peavey sounded the best to me. And to this day, it still does. It really is a good amp. The 30 is amazing, much better than the 15.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by CreepingDeath13

Gettin' tr00led?

Vypyrs are the way to go, but this guy will be able to help ya the most, since he is from NZ and probably knows the used scene a lot better than most.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Galgawine

So many things wrong with this....

There is no need to buy a 75 watt Spider...ever...

A Marshall MG is the opposite of a serious amp.

TS!!!!! Get a Vypyr or Roland Cube...two best practice amps I've ever played.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Galgawine
I got a marshall as high as my waist that sounds amazing for 350$
*Facedesk*
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.