Alright, so in recent months, I've become pretty decent in guitar playing. However, one thing that always gets me stuck is playing triplets, or simply quick picking on multiple strings simultaneously. An example is doing triplets using the E and A strings. I can pull it off most of the time, but it usually sounds like crap. I know the simple solution is to practice, which I have been doing, but I was wondering if there were any tips or suggestions to improve my technique.

Another thing which is similar, but a bit different, is quick strumming. Anna Molly, by Incubus, is the only example I can think of, and it's the intro I'm referring to. Just can't seem to get the strumming right.

Some tips or whatever would be appreciated.
You might want to Youtube or Google economy picking if you're looking to comfortably and cleanly do fast runs while changing strings. There's even lessons on U-G about economy and alternate picking.

If you're already aware of these techniques, then keep practicing! It might just take a bit of development.
for the adjacent string alternate picking situation, have you tried using a metranome? playings 16th notes to a click and accenting on the click will really get your chops clean if you start slow and work your way faster. Keep in mind the misconception with the metranome is that it will make you faster. It won't but it will make your faster playing a hell of a lot cleaner.
No, I haven't tried using a metronome, didn't even cross my mind. I've considered buying one on a couple of occasions, and I've been thinking it's a good idea more and more lately. I'll try using an online one until I buy one.
Thanks for the suggestion.
For getting speed up, a metronome is key. Sometimes, tuners even have one. I'd check yours; it might have one.
Quote by rockgodman
for the adjacent string alternate picking situation, have you tried using a metranome? playings 16th notes to a click and accenting on the click will really get your chops clean if you start slow and work your way faster. Keep in mind the misconception with the metranome is that it will make you faster. It won't but it will make your faster playing a hell of a lot cleaner.

yeah but when you think about it playing clean is playing fast. i could play some crazy 16th note run at 200bpm but it would be so sloppy that i cant go around saying that i can play it. you get the idea
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.