Ok, I've lurked these forums for quite some time but this is my first post. I started playing guitar about three months ago, my first purchase was a $350 acoustic. I've since decided that this is something I really want to pursue and have decided to buy an electric. I'm willing to spend upto $1300 (not including an amp, I have a seperate budget for that). I was quite certain that I was going to buy an Esp EC-1000, however it seems as though it's more of a heavy metal/hard rock kind of guitar.

I really like every type of music, and as such, would like a versatile guitar that sounds good playing everything. I need some help deciding and I'm hoping you can help, here's what I'm looking at...

- Esp EC-1000
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Fender American Select Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar
- PRS SE Paul Allender Electric Guitar
- Fender American Standard Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar

If you think that there's something better please let me know...

Thanks in advance.
although personally i prefer LP's to strats, i guess the most versatile would be the hss strat. i'm not sure what the "select" stratocaster is, but the american standard is never a bad choice.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
dayum, you must be rich if you're gonna spend that much money on a FIRST guitar. If you are totally SURE this is something you wanna do, a strat is pretty solid, but imo. Its used in every genre. Anyway, just be sure your gonna stick with it if your gonna pop this much money down, because when I first played, I played alot for like a few months, and stopped for like 2 years.
I appreciate the concern...i know is alot of money but its definitely something I want to continue for a long time.
Get something cheaper and learn first.
A lot of people just put their guitars down, just like you already did once.
I never put my guitar down? i know its slot of money but I'm not worried about that..if I buy a cheaper guitar I'll end up wishing I spent more and I'll end up spending more on another one
Quote by thfc1799
I appreciate the concern...i know is alot of money but its definitely something I want to continue for a long time.

wait, what? your not TS, but you are talking as if you are?
GENERIC SIGNATURE
You might want to play all these guitars extensively before you buy one of them.

As for the ESPs, I don't know if the EC-1000 are made in Indonesia or not, but if they are, then you may want to give them a pass.

LPS are pretty hard to beat, IMO. All the ones I've either owned or played all sounded and played great.

As for the PRS and the Strats, I've never played one long enough to form any opinions on them either pro or con.

Have you tried any Ibanezs?
Sorry for the confusion.... thfc1799 is my roommates login, he got me started on this site... somehow I logged back in under his login instead of mine...

Regardless, I haven't tried any ibanez guitars because I thought they were mostly metal guitars.... I've played all the guitars in the above list....just looking for others opinions
Last edited by thfc1799 at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by thfc1799
Sorry for the confusion.... thfc1799 is my roommates login, he got me started on this site... somehow I logged back in under his login instead of mine...

Regardless, I haven't tries any ibanez guitars because I thought they were mostly metal guitars.... I've played all the guitars in the above list....just looking for others opinions

Agile
PRS. By far, IMO.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX