I recently got a seven string guitar and was looking for some 7 string tabs only found one so far.
i think it would be easier if 7 string tabs were marked separate than normal 6 string guitar tabs.
totally agree!
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
If this does end up happening we should probably do it for 5 and 6 string basses too, just saying.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by TrabenBassist22
If this does end up happening we should probably do it for 5 and 6 string basses too, just saying.

we should probably mark 8 string guitars too
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
tho i do think if you play 7 strings (or more) you would listen to bands that play them and know a few songs and what to look for, this does sound like a good idea if your looking for something new
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Last edited by albinokrikit at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by theogonia777
we should probably mark 8 string guitars too

Good thing none of the Power Tab or Guitar Pro tabs would be affected!

This is actually a pretty interesting idea, though. We already label songs on skill level, why not how many strings are necessary to play the tab, especially now that there's a greater variety than 6 or 7 string guitars?
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
i agree any guitar tab that has any unusual amount of strings, necks, and so forth
should marked differently
not just 7 strings
I agree also. Look at it this way, if you're new to Dream Theater (for example), you'll be able to find songs where Petrucci used a 6-string guitar instead of a 7-string.

Great idea; this has my full support.