I have a Jackson King V KVX10 with some Floyd Rose problems. I've been having some tuning issues when I use the tremelo (not extreme whammy abuse). The tuning goes from standard to almost half step...So I did some research and got a Hipshot Tremsetter installed by Long and McQuade. This solved my tuning issue for a month until the tuning problem returned again with the same little/subtle whammy use! I can't even do Dimebag squeals without my guitar going out of tune...

What's the issue here? I've adjusted the springs in the back. I haven't changed the strings in 6 months but I doubt that's the problem. Could my Hipshot be installed wrong? I'd really like to rule out everything else before I have to pay to get this fixed...Any ideas?
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
are the thumb screws in the nut screwed in all the way? (the ones that hold the pressure pads down)
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 21, 2010,
6 months is a long ass time for strings. Change them and see if you still have a problem, because that's most likely it.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by iTzMaTT
I haven't changed the strings in 6 months but I doubt that's the problem.

I'd say that's probably the problem. I do not have a FR but I have a tremolo bridge. If I don't change my string at least every 4-5 months that starts to happen. I change them almost monthly though.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
If a double locking trem isn't staying in tune, then either the trem isn't returning to it's neutral position or some strings are slipping through the nut (or posssible bridge).

If ALL the strings are not returning to pitch then it's most likely an issue with the trem's knife edge and/or posts. Check for wear on both and lube with contact points with a very small amount of vaseline.

If it's just a couple of strings, then the are probably slipping through the lock nut. Check for grooves in locking pad...if they are pretty deep they can allow the string to slip through. Replace locking pads...
my guess is the locking nuts aren't tight enough cause i had the same kind of problem and after a litlle tick extra on the allen wrench it was good.