Is this a completely different amp from other Jcm800s? Or is it basically a JCM800 with added features? The reason i ask is because I found a decent deal on one, i don't really play anything like slayer. I would just be buying it for the standard features of the amp, and would probably just use the added features for fun
It sounds pretty different than a standard JCM 800, it's got alot more gain and a slightly different voicing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah it's more of a hot-rodded 800 more gain and beef to it for Slayer stuff and the heavy Brootz still a killer 800 and totally worth it if you are looking for a good hi-gain Marshall
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
its a hot rodded 800, but it has no clean channel and the "beast" function adds in more gain, a noise gate and also kerry's own EQ. its pretty epic for anything totally brootalzz.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by polishedbullet
I believe the 2 added features are a Presence knob and a built-in Noise Gate.

I'm pretty sure there's no clean channel though

99% of class ab amps have presence knobs btw.

KK800 = 800 with different tubes, more gain, built in noise gate thing, and a slightly worse clean tone
Quote by Raijouta
It sounds pretty different than a standard JCM 800, it's got alot more gain and a slightly different voicing.

This is true.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.