Poll: Which guitar
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar
Schecter Synyster Custom
6 16%
Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR
32 84%
Voters: 38.
Ok so im looking at either the schecter synyster custom or the schecter hellraiser c1-fr. Ive played the synyster and really like it but ive never played the hellraiser. Which one do people think is best?

Btw i play mostly rock and metal so a schecter will suit me well i just dont know which one.

Please give reasoning behind your answer please.
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at Aug 21, 2010,
Hellraiser for sure. Way more versatile than the Synster sig model. Play both though and then make your own decision
Quote by Metalcore Jero
Hellraiser for sure. Way more versatile than the Synster sig model. Play both though and then make your own decision

Thing is my guitar center only has the synyster and i really liked it, but to play the hellraiser i would need to buy it and get it shipped there so ill be buying pretty much blind. I really like the hellraiser though based on videos theres just no way to play it myself.
Hellraiser. If you buy then Syn and ever play a gig with it you will look ridiculous. And you might not even like A7X that much in a year or two.
If I were you, I'd try anything to try a hellraiser. Usually buying blind only ends up in regrets. Do you live near any other towns that have music stores??
I don't like the looks of it, but I'd say the Syn. I really liked the pickups on it, and the Hellraisers all sounded bland.

Have you looked at any other brands?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
'schecter will suit me well' : yes indeed, but... also Dean, Jackson, BC Rich, Agile, Ibanez, Gibson etc... will suit you. Have you looked at other brands?

and between the 2 guitars, i would go with the Hellraiser: they both have 24 frets and a floyd, but i think the pickups and the looks are better at the hellraiser, plus its cheaper.
If you play live, think about it like this...
do you want to be known as the guy who is a Syn Gates wannabe?
Thats what I personally think when I see people playing that guitar, its a nice looking guitar and it plays well, but it just seems too try-hard for me. If you want that shape, have a look at the hellraiser avenger.
syn custom for sure!

this guy is an obvious troll...he has some peavy vypr 15 and I told for about a thousand times that actives wont sound through his amp,but he never listened..I cant be bothered to give him a serious answer
Last edited by archenemyfan at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
syn custom for sure!

this guy is an obvious troll...he has some peavy vypr 15 and I told for about a thousand times that actives wont sound through his amp,but he never listened..I cant be bothered to give him a serious answer

im not a troll. ive said im saving up for a new amp after the guitar. So whether its actives or not doesnt matter.

and btw, i like the looks of both guitars and it doesnt really matter much thats its a look alike of gates. I really just wanna go by sound at this point.

Yes ive looked and played alot of guitars for like the past 2 months and ive narrowed it down to these two so i really dont wanna look at other brands again.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
im not a troll. ive said im saving up for a new amp after the guitar. So whether its actives or not doesnt matter.

and btw, i like the looks of both guitars and it doesnt really matter much thats its a look alike of gates. I really just wanna go by sound at this point.

Yes ive looked and played alot of guitars for like the past 2 months and ive narrowed it down to these two so i really dont wanna look at other brands again.

You seem like you're set on the Syn even though we're all saying don't do it. (Includes myself) The poll is already like 3 for the Syn and like 15 for the Hellraiser, I dunno why you're still sceptical. If you really want the syn then this thread was useless...

I would assume the hallraizer has a similar neck to the Syn, but I wouldn't know. I'm just an ESP fanboy.

EDIT: why don't you play a hellraiser or other Schecter with similar specs or something maybe it'll feel similar?
Last edited by siverstorm at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by siverstorm
You seem like you're set on the Syn even though we're all saying don't do it. (Includes myself) The poll is already like 3 for the Syn and like 15 for the Hellraiser, I dunno why you're still sceptical. If you really want the syn then this thread was useless...

I would assume the hallraizer has a similar neck to the Syn, but I wouldn't know. I'm just an ESP fanboy.

EDIT: why don't you play a hellraiser or other Schecter with similar specs or something maybe it'll feel similar?

no, im actually leaning towards the hellraiser becuase of the thread, i just dont want people to say no to the synyster cause its a wanna be guitar.

ive played alot of schecters just not the hellraiser -__- i gotta see if any music store around has it.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
no, im actually leaning towards the hellraiser becuase of the thread, i just dont want people to say no to the synyster cause its a wanna be guitar.

Thats the main reason we're all saying no to it. You'll look like the biggest tool playing one. If you think you won't look like a tool or you just really don't care that people will think you're a tool then by all means disregard 14 votes for the hellraiser and work from there.

I'm serious when i say you'll regret it within a year.
Quote by siverstorm
Thats the main reason we're all saying no to it. You'll look like the biggest tool playing one. If you think you won't look like a tool or you just really don't care that people will think you're a tool then by all means disregard 14 votes for the hellraiser and work from there.

I'm serious when i say you'll regret it within a year.

yea your rite lol i probably would regret it considering how freakin beautiful the hellraiser is. But whats your opinion comparing the two sound wise? cause for me to get the synyster it would have to play the hellraiser out of the water sound wise to make up for the looks factor.

So if its not a big difference in sound id go with the hellraiser.
Thats not what I meant when I said you'd regret it. You'll regret it when you grow up and realize that the Syn looks completely disgusting with those gaudy inlays.

I was the same, I thought the Syn was the guitar for me. Then I bought my Epi and about half a month later I was so happy I didn't buy the Syn.

Well I don't like Invaders or actives. And I don't often play guitars with either pickups. I'm tempted to say the EMGs are more versatile. (Not to mention teh coil tapz) They can probably achieve more tones related to bands you like too. Assuming you get a good amp. Since Gates is the only guitarist I can name who uses invaders...
Quote by siverstorm
Thats not what I meant when I said you'd regret it. You'll regret it when you grow up and realize that the Syn looks completely disgusting with those gaudy inlays.

I was the same, I thought the Syn was the guitar for me. Then I bought my Epi and about half a month later I was so happy I didn't buy the Syn.

Well I don't like Invaders or actives. And I don't often play guitars with either pickups. I'm tempted to say the EMGs are more versatile. (Not to mention teh coil tapz) They can probably achieve more tones related to bands you like too. Assuming you get a good amp. Since Gates is the only guitarist I can name who uses invaders...

Allrite, so ill probably get the hellraiser.

Question though, since you say your not a fan of actives. Can you tell me why since im pretty new to guitar. Cause from what ive heard, you get higher output and crunchier sounds with actives but is my opinion kinda wrong? if so would you suggest i get a guitar with high output passives instead?
I'm not because I don't have the equipment to get the best tones out of them. They're specialty pickups. Yea they can get good high gain metal tones and even high gain hard rock tones. But if you don't know how to properly work them, that's all they're good for.

I prefer versatile pickups that can handle everything from clean jazz tones to metal tones.
And I personally believe that most humbuckers are capable of the similar high gain tones that EMGs can.
Quote by siverstorm
I'm not because I don't have the equipment to get the best tones out of them. They're specialty pickups. Yea they can get good high gain metal tones and even high gain hard rock tones. But if you don't know how to properly work them, that's all they're good for.

I prefer versatile pickups that can handle everything from clean jazz tones to metal tones.
And I personally believe that most humbuckers are capable of the similar high gain tones that EMGs can.

So even if i plan on getting a better amp that can get the best tones out of actives, are they worth it?

If not is there a guitar with a floyd in like the $600 range you would recomend instead? Since i know you know what your talking about.
is that you siverstorm?did you change your avatar?
Last edited by archenemyfan at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
So even if i plan on getting a better amp that can get the best tones out of actives, are they worth it?

If not is there a guitar with a floyd in like the $600 range you would recomend instead? Since i know you know what your talking about.

If you want to play low gain or clean with emgs all i know is that there are some things that you need to learn how to tweak yourself. (I dunno what) But if you just want to play the typical high gain metal and whatnot, you'll be fine with a decent amp.

Quote by archenemyfan
is that you siverstorm?did you change your avatar?

I wonder...
If you want to play low gain or clean with emgs all i know is that there are some things that you need to learn how to tweak yourself. (I dunno what) But if you just want to play the typical high gain metal and whatnot, you'll be fine with a decent amp.

I really only want to play high gain things. I got my acoustic for everything clean.
So unless someone says theres a better guitar i think ill go with the hellraiser
Quote by Metalcore Jero

yes I think Hellraiser is better too

orion guitar
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
yea your rite lol i probably would regret it considering how freakin beautiful the hellraiser is. But whats your opinion comparing the two sound wise? cause for me to get the synyster it would have to play the hellraiser out of the water sound wise to make up for the looks factor.

So if its not a big difference in sound id go with the hellraiser.

There's aboslutely nothing wrong with getting a Schecter, I've enjoyed almost every one i've played save fed the jumbo frets. I can tell just by looking that the synyster does not play the hellraiser out of the water just by looking at it. Invader pickups can be put in hellrsrs no problem if they are passive.