So, they injected her with a powerful antiseptic, instead of an anesthetic? How does something like that happen, honestly? And the English woman who only had a drop enter her system was left permanently disabled.. So what happens to Ms. Wang, who had almost 8 mL in her system? I don't see how the two get mixed up..
Nowhere near the same magnitude or importance, but my cat was recently killed while getting general vaccinations and somehow received a dosage meant for horses. So that just goes to show that the people in our society that get paid the most, to do the most important things, still eff up.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Nowhere near the same magnitude or importance, but my cat was recently killed while getting general vaccinations and somehow received a dosage meant for horses. So that just goes to show that the people in our society that get paid the most, to do the most important things, still eff up.

I don't see how that's of a lesser magnitude. One mistake, and as a consequence a life is lost. Animal or human, it's still of great magnitude.
Wow, that really sucks. Quite a strange mix-up though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I don't see how that's of a lesser magnitude. One mistake, and as a consequence a life is lost. Animal or human, it's still of great magnitude.

Thank you, kind sir. I was just covering my ass because I figured if I didn't someone would hate on my softness of loving a cat as much as a human. I love animals just as much as people, if not more.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
that's life. everybody makes mistakes.but when doctors **** up, they **** up royally. thats why medschool is so intense. i mean cmon, anesthetic and antiseptic? thats a really dumb mistake
I think anywhere you look, stuff like this is going to happen. I mean, I live in OK, and when my grandfather was taken to the hospital for severe respiratory problems, they actually neglected to check on him for almost three days.. The only reason they checked on him was because he completely flatlined! Obviously, the entire staff (not exaggerating) came running in freaking out and didn't know what happened.. Needless to say after they revived him we transferred him to a different hospital within the day..
Quote by BrokenDstring
Thank you, kind sir. I was just covering my ass because I figured if I didn't someone would hate on my softness of loving a cat as much as a human. I love animals just as much as people, if not more.

You're not alone, good sir!
And there's a woman in Ontario who got a mastectomy when she was going to undergo a few tests. Medical errors are quite common. There was another old woman who got the wrong leg amputated. :/
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
A bit like the German locum who injected some old dude with about 10 times the safe dose of an opiate he wasn't familiar with, and deaded him.

Or perhaps one dude who had the wrong kidney removed, so the healthy one got plucked out, and the one with the tumour left in.
As astounding a mistake as mixing antiseptic and anaesthetic up are (I suppose you could say they sound similar, but surely they're not in similar looking bottles labled "antiseptic" and "anaesthetic"), you can't really expect anyone to be infallible; everyone makes mistakes and, sadly, when doctors do, the consequences can be quite dire. I can't help but pity doctors who do makes mistakes like this, with the shit storm they get and the guilt they must feel.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Aug 21, 2010,
Sounds like Saudi-Arabia can send that prisoner there if they want his spine to be cut.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
ohhhh australia
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by Vitor_vdp

It's a fucking cat, not a human mother.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
It's a fucking cat, not a human mother.

you take that back !

OT: mistakes can happen.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
That's horrible, I hope she manages to pull through

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.