Hey there!

I have been looking all over the place for a Fender USA strat within my price range (no MIM's)over the past few months when I came across a Fender American Stratocaster for £330 with a hard case. I checked the serial number and it says it was made in Corona, California in 2002 - 2004. What model is the guitar? Usa standard? Special? It plays nicely but I am not an expert with Fenders so I was wondering if you guys could tell me if it's legit or not. Sorry about the picture quality (taken with a crappy camera phone)
Thanks

Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I thought Fender didn't use blank neck plates?
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra
I thought Fender didn't use blank neck plates?

Isn't it blank on MIM standards?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
looks legit to me... if the serial# checks out then it's probably legit, also the bridge is a genuine fender bridge and it doesn't look bad quality so i'd have to say based on pictures alone it's probably real.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Ok thanks So is this one of the older Highway one strats?
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

looks real to me
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Ok thanks So is this one of the older Highway one strats?

Yes, no doubt.
Quote by pigeonmafia
Isn't it blank on MIM standards?

I think so. My teacher has a MIM and it's blank too

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Quote by Bluestube
Yes, no doubt.

Actually, it's not. Highway 1 have large headstocks (which I'm not a big fan). By the pictures, I can say that at least the neck is genuine. The body looks genuine aswell, got those sexy stratty curves (in some months or years you'll understand what I say). I'd buy it.
'89 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
Vintage Noiseless Trio
Kahler Bridge
Locking Nut
'99 Epiphone Les Paul Standard MIK
DiMarzio Super Distortion (bridge)
Boss ME70
Sennheiser HD 201
get it set up. i've never seen a fender bridge with all the saddles in a row, and be intonated.

looks legit. not a hwy1 from what i see. it looks like a standard to me.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I bought a usa special (hss) last weekend that has a blank neck plate. Everything looks good on this one. I did get a corona california neckplate on ebay to put on mine.
^ignore, he's been reported.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Wolfdale
Actually, it's not. Highway 1 have large headstocks (which I'm not a big fan). By the pictures, I can say that at least the neck is genuine. The body looks genuine aswell, got those sexy stratty curves (in some months or years you'll understand what I say). I'd buy it.

It's definitely a Highway One. I believe they switched to the large headstocks in 2005-2006.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Aug 22, 2010,
Too glossy for a Hwy 1. Looks like an American neck attached to a Mexican Special body. Not a bad thing just a Partscaster. Looks to be all Fender though.