Hey, i've got a couple of questions here. Would be really thankful and grateful if u guys could help.

Questions :

I like music like paramore, sum 41, MCR. Will it suit my playing style if i choose a fender telecaster deluxe 72?

If yes to the above, do you think i should change the pickups to some SD pickups for some better sound?

Which pickups should i choose to suit music like punk,rock?

Really need help here. Thanks.
Your amp is the most important when it comes to tone but you should be comfortable and enjoy playing your guitar. The Fender 72' Deluxe Telecaster is a great guitar I will be picking one up eventually myself and would suit you nicely. Before you change the pickups a good amp is essential what do you have now?
Quote by guitarnerd903
Hey, i've got a couple of questions here. Would be really thankful and grateful if u guys could help.

Questions :

I like music like paramore, sum 41, MCR. Will it suit my playing style if i choose a fender telecaster deluxe 72?

If yes to the above, do you think i should change the pickups to some SD pickups for some better sound?

Which pickups should i choose to suit music like punk,rock?

Really need help here. Thanks.

I think it's a great guitar.
But I would actually choose Ibanez S series.
With a thousand dollars (I think that's the price of the tele deluxe).
Pick up S470DXQM, and change the pickups to DiMarzio.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Not sure about the intimate details of their guitars, but the Paramore guys use fender teles of some sort. The SUM 41 guy has his own model of Squier Tele.
a lot of bands that play a similar style to those use teles. i will trust 771M when he says those guys use them as well, i dont know. but still, the guitar will suit your needs.

as for changing pickups, why even think about that before you play or buy the guitar? for all you know, the guitar could sound exactly the way you want when you pick it up. even if it isnt perfect, why immediatly go to sd pickups? there are plenty of other pickup makers out there that may be better for you. but you need to know what you want to change, which means playing the guitar first. throwing in new pickups at the drop of a hat is a waste of time, unless you already know exactly what you want and are experienced enough to know exactly how to get there.

and as said, you should probably focus on the amp before changing pickups (unless you already have a good one).
Thx for the advices guys. im really a beginner in guitar. =D i shall go try and pick up that guitar first. then decide on the amps.
I know both guitarists in Paramore use '72 Teles, as well as Thinlines. Taylor also uses a 70's Starcaster a lot in recent shows, he just got it a few months ago.

Stock pickups work great on it. I'm planning on getting one and dropping a BK Nailbomb and Mississippi Queen in it, but until you know specifically which sounds you want, the stock pickups will suit you just fine.

Also, they're only $700 new unless you're going Road Worn or whatnot, and for what you want, an Ibanez won't be as good.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
The pickups in the 72' are perfectly fine for this type of music no need what so ever in changing them. I've played mine through several different amps and it sounded fine through them all. ( of course it sounded better through the higher quality amp). And as the guy above me said they are only $700 new now and believe me, they are worth every penny.

As for the guitars Josh Farro ( paramore) plays, He uses a custom shop 72' Thinline. He very seldom uses a normal 72' anymore. Taylor uses several different guitars though, he mainly uses Jaguars, and Jazzmasters from what I have seen. And I saw them live and those were the guitars he played.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Last edited by offthewall91 at Aug 26, 2010,
How long ago did you see Paramore? I just saw them a few weeks ago and Josh was using his older 72's throughout the night (except his custom gold one ), and Taylor used the Starcaster for most of the night, Thinline for a few songs, and the Gretsch for the acoustic portion.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
How long ago did you see Paramore? I just saw them a few weeks ago and Josh was using his older 72's throughout the night (except his custom gold one ), and Taylor used the Starcaster for most of the night, Thinline for a few songs, and the Gretsch for the acoustic portion.

I saw them 5 days ago in Nashville. Josh switched between his custom shop gold thinline and he had another gold one that looks exactly like his custom thinline only it's a solid body 72'. Taylor didn't play his starcaster that night he played a white Jaguar/Jazzmaster and a sunburst jaguar/jazzmaster I wasn't that close form the stage so I couldn't tell exactly which was which. But he did play the red Gretsch for the acoustic set.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!