SO, its almost that time when I have to look into a new guitar.
My problem is I have pathetic, tiny, woman-like hands. So, can anyone suggest/list a few guitars that are easier on us little folk? As a reference, my fingers can stretch across 5 frets on a standard size, but thats a real stretch and not really convenient to try to achieve mid song. Not sure if thats good/bad tbh.
My immediate thoughts are epi SG, squier Duo Sonic, squier Jag. At the moment Im leaning towards getting a duo sonic, but I read somewhere about the neck being crap.

I know a bunch of you are gonna say go to a shop and try. I want to know now so I know what to look for. Moving soon and theres will be a huuuge guitar warehouse nearby when I do, so I'll be going there. Would be nice to already know what to go look for though and to know in case I decide to just order online, in which case I dont get to try before I buy.
My budget will mostly likely be up to £400.

Thanks in advance to those who are helpful. 'Go die in a hole' in advance to trolls.
Last edited by 771M at Aug 21, 2010,
Maybe you could check out an Ibanez S-series guitar? They aren't that expensive and have really thin necks (Wizard necks).

Usually it's the scale you most want to worry about, most guitars have a standard 25.5'' scale. If you want something shorter I know there's a Rickenbacker out there somewhere with 22'' necks.

Otherwise you might want to try a Fender Mustang, which goes on 24'' or 22.5''.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Get an Epiphone SG, but in Small Scale. It's only like $150-$200, and the neck is smaller then most guitars, specifically for people with small hands.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Express-Electric-Guitar?sku=583408
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Get the Ibanez Mikro
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
a 5-6 fret span (i.e frets 1 to 5/6) is average, so don`t consider it a abnormality or tiny hands...if it is that much of a concern to you you must try the guitars out 1st.

what genre of music and what amp are you using, at a guess given the guitars you`ve listed i`d say classic rock and blues
You could probably play any neck, but the bigger ones might take some getting used to. ESP has some pretty comfy necks for people with smaller fingers. A Gibson '60s slim taper might be good to look at too. Just try out a bunch of guitars and see which is comfy for you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You might want to consider a 3/4 size guitar it'll be smaller than the neck on any full size. If you really want a full size look in to something with a shorter scale length. Generally the shortest is 24.75 compared to 25.5. It'll be a small difference but it might help. The Fender Mustang is supposed to be 22.5. A shorter scale will mean the frets are ever so slightly closer together. Good luck!
Quote by ibanezgod1973
what genre of music and what amp are you using, at a guess given the guitars you`ve listed i`d say classic rock and blues

I use a terrible nameless 15w amp. I will most likely be upgrading this at the same time.
As for genre, I pretty much play all sorts. From Clapton to RHCP to The Offspring. Kinda liking punk/ska most though.
Epi SG + small hands = not good.

try an ibanez SA or RG series, alternatively Dean do some rather nice guitars with thin necks that you will more than likely like.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by guitarnoob_100
Maybe you could check out an Ibanez S-series guitar? They aren't that expensive and have really thin necks (Wizard necks).

Usually it's the scale you most want to worry about, most guitars have a standard 25.5'' scale. If you want something shorter I know there's a Rickenbacker out there somewhere with 22'' necks.

Otherwise you might want to try a Fender Mustang, which goes on 24'' or 22.5''.

sorry for the double post

the S series have 25.5 inch the ricky would be well over budget
Well thanks for the feedback, theres a few more guitars to look at at least. I do like the SA Ibanezezez so thats good news, I wouldnt have bothered trying them before.

Thanks!
Quote by 771M
SO, its almost that time when I have to look into a new guitar.
My problem is I have pathetic, tiny, woman-like hands. So, can anyone suggest/list a few guitars that are easier on us little folk?

If you need a new guitar anyway then go ahead but if you want to get a new guitar just to mitigate your tiny hands you need to work more on your technique than anything else; having small hands doesn't make anywhere near as much difference as some people think it does.

Evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMejjSWStaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Skk9Q0Qd_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuOXqsQo0ko (at about 7:33)
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
heres some motivation

guitarist of Nighwish, Emppu Vuorinen has tiny ass hands. And he's freaking 5 foot 3 in.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.