Page 1 of 2
Quote by BBC
Swedish authorities say they have issued an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, on accusations of rape and molestation.

The warrant was issued late on Friday, said Karin Rosander, communications head at Sweden's prosecutors' office.

Swedish police have been trying to contact Mr Assange, but have not yet been able to, she told the BBC.

Wikileaks, criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, quoted him saying the charges were "without basis".

The message, which appeared on Twitter and was attributed directly to Mr Assange, said the appearance of the allegations "at this moment is deeply disturbing".

In a series of other messages posted on the Wikileaks Twitter feed, the whistle-blowing website said: "No-one here has been contacted by Swedish police", and that it had been warned to expect "dirty tricks".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11047025

I have to say, my first instinct was that it could be a stitch up.

I think there are a lot of people who are nervous about what's in that insurance file of his but I don't think they'd risk a direct attack.

But that's probably just the consipracy theorist in me trying to get out.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Could easily be a stitch up, and I hope it is. Assange knew what he was getting himself in for, this is why the rest of wikileaks don't say who they are.

Although if the allegations are true then I hope he is brought to justice.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Could easily be a stitch up, and I hope it is. Assange knew what he was getting himself in for, this is why the rest of wikileaks don't say who they are.

Although if the allegations are true then I hope he is brought to justice.

This, I have no trouble seeing why they would do it, but he put his name out there.

If it is true, then he should serve his time, simple as.
I'm guessing it's a set up, and will look pretty awful on Sweden if they can't get some hard evidence.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Gets what he deserves really.
-Nigel Tufnel on Joe Satriani-

"I look at it, his fingers move, and i say yeah...yeah; but where are they going?"
Quote by JohnSpiers71
Get's what he deserves really.

I take it your against wikileaks?

What's this insurance file thing about?

Quote by metallicafan616
What's this insurance file thing about?

it's a gigabyte or so encrypted file that was released via wikileaks under the title 'insurance'.

It hasn't been decrypted yet (the algorithm used is ridiculously secure) but it's been distributed widely. All it would take is for him, or someone else at wikileaks to release the password/key/phrase and the information would be out there.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If it's true, he'll regret sticking his wiki where it don't belong.

Seriously, why do people in power have to screw up so bad all the time?
Quote by red157
Innocent 'til proven guilty.

Especially in this particular instance.

Pretty much this. I really don't like sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist nut but this is just way too convenient to be taken on face value...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah, i don't know the guy but quite clearly he is smart and I'm sure he knows the ins and outs of the law.

someone like him would have to be careful, and supposedly he's going to mess his whole life up so he can get his dick wet.

pssh.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Don't worry guys, the swedish goverment won't give into some thirdparty pressuring them.

Just kidding, he's done for.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I hope this is a conspiracy. It'd be nice to have a real one to talk about.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
This whole story seems fishy.

Quote by metallicafan616
I'm guessing it's a set up, and will look pretty awful on Sweden if they can't get some hard evidence.

It's not Sweden that's accusing Assange of rape, it's a Swedish lawyer. It's not like we accuse Germans for anything Hitler ever did... Oh, wait.

Although, if the government hand out Assange to the US government, THEN it will make Sweden look bad.

Quote by Kensai
Don't worry guys, the swedish goverment won't give into some thirdparty pressuring them.

Just kidding, he's done for.

I fucking hope not.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Wrong thread

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Kyle Gass
Stitch up or not, I'm glad. For those that do serve, and have gone to "senistive" locations, the last thing they need to worry about is having their information released on this g*dd*mn website. OPSEC.... B/c Loose lips, sink ships.

Basically you're saying that it doesnt matter if he's guilty or not, he just has to be convicted because you dont agree with what he supports and says... that's really mature
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA120 Air Norton+Tone Zone
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal---->Behringer TU300
Ernie Ball 6185 Wah Pedal
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vox Bulldog Distortion
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
Peavey Valveking 112 with Celestion G12T-75
Quote by Kyle Gass
Stitch up or not, I'm glad. For those that do serve, and have gone to "senistive" locations, the last thing they need to worry about is having their information released on this g*dd*mn website. OPSEC.... B/c Loose lips, sink ships.

Too bad he didn't release any new information or any information that'd compromise anyone. Or did you not read anything Wikileaks said and instead listened to biased news reports?
The arrest calls have been called off.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-technology/wikileaks-founder-not-suspected-of-rape-prosecutors-20100821-139sx.html

EDIT: I found that on my google desktop news box which gives me random articles across mainstream news.

Here's the BBC's confirmation: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11049316
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by Craigo
The arrest calls have been called off.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-technology/wikileaks-founder-not-suspected-of-rape-prosecutors-20100821-139sx.html

EDIT: I found that on my google desktop news box which gives me random articles across mainstream news.

Here's the BBC's confirmation: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11049316

Rape isn't a serious enough crime? Bloody hell, it was a stitch up.

Quote by metallicafan616
Rape isn't a serious enough crime? Bloody hell, it was a stitch up.

I think it was the molestation charge that was said to be not important enough, but even then the sweedes hadn't looked properly into it yet.
In any case, all signs seem to point to the beginnings of a horribly organised smear campaign.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
I think it was the molestation charge that was said to be not important enough, but even then the sweedes hadn't looked properly into it yet.
In any case, all signs seem to point to the beginnings of a horribly organised smear campaign.

Molestation isn't a serious enough crime? Bloody hell, it was a stitch up.

Quote by boreamor
Too bad he didn't release any new information or any information that'd compromise anyone. Or did you not read anything Wikileaks said and instead listened to biased news reports?

..... Um... I'm in the military.... I've seen what's been released... and I can see the harm that it can and probably will cause.... but you're right b/c CNN/Fox/MSN said it... its all probably wrong...

Quote by Heimdallr
Basically you're saying that it doesnt matter if he's guilty or not, he just has to be convicted because you dont agree with what he supports and says... that's really mature

G*dd*mn heimdallr, you should be a palm reader. B/c in that brief sentence... I was literally saying everything you just wrote..... GTFO...

I'm saying.... it's karma.... and he can f*ck off.

Agree or dont agree.... thats your choice.
Last edited by Kyle Gass at Aug 21, 2010,
i call bs
i doubt he would risk it

conspiracy i say!
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Kyle Gass
..... Um... I'm in the military.... I've seen what's been released... and I can see the harm that it can and probably will cause.... but you're right b/c CNN/Fox/MSN said it... its all probably wrong...

Considering the operations he posted weren't active any more and didn't harm any current operations or personell, I don't see the problem. Everyone has a right to see those documents.
Quote by boreamor
Considering the operations he posted weren't active any more and didn't harm any current operations or personell, I don't see the problem. Everyone has a right to see those documents.

*face/palm* There's a reason things are classified for certain amount of time, before its released to the public. Everyone has a right? No they do not...

Again, this is just what I believe, and think. B/c I've seen first hand the damage of releasing sensitive material....

So go ahead Johnny.... Flame on...
Quote by boreamor

There was only one criticism I saw which stood up. The US were using Afgan informants and the leaks released the names of such informants, which is a risky thing to do. That's a pretty fair attack on it and I haven't seen anything else that has stood up.
Quote by Kyle Gass

Feel free to explain why with the exception of what I just stated above.

I'm purrty sure CNN/Fox/MSNBC either entirely criticised the leaking of the documents or announced thoroughly the criticisms given against the release of the documents. The biggest mainstream source strongly sympathising the leak which I'm aware of is the British broadsheet The Guardian which is pretty damn trustworthy.
Quote by Kyle Gass
*face/palm* There's a reason things are classified for certain amount of time, before its released to the public. Everyone has a right? No they do not...

Again, this is just what I believe, and think. B/c I've seen first hand the damage of releasing sensitive material....

So go ahead Johnny.... Flame on...

You haven't told us why it's threatening though.

And please use ellipsis's appropriately.
Page 1 of 2