im looking for some good blues on youtube that is NOT from the same old BB king, freddie king, albert king, stevie ray, robert johnson, muddy waters. im looking for little known bands, local bands or whatever with recordings up on youtube. I know this could go in the recomendation thread, but i figure B&J could have its own thread for little known talents. please help me out here!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Give Joe Bonamassa or Gary Moore a try.

Also listen to Rory Gallagher, quite unknown compared to other artists of his standard. He made some great albums like Defender.
*Insert hilarious quote here.*
Check out Roy Buchanan maybe... he's not unknown, but less known atleast
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
check out Davy Knowles, he's only 22 but damn is he good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLNRLVMdFM&feature=search

this is also a good jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azr-CD0hm5g&feature=search
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Aug 21, 2010,
"little known" depends entirely on your knowledge, so kinda hard to tell what you're looking for.. but check out these guys

Kid Ramos
Junior Watson
Charlie Baty
Sean Costello
Darren Watson
Hollywood Fats
Bobby 'Blue' Bland
Kirk Fletcher
Kid Andersen
Thanks guys. carmour, im looking for the real little know guys, unsigned small bands playing small pubs here and there. i just wanna see what everyone else is doing i suppose.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by TheLukeMaxfield
Also listen to Rory Gallagher, quite unknown compared to other artists of his standard. He made some great albums like Defender.

Defender, whilst being a great album, and packed with songs which feature some blues conventions, is one of Rory Gallagher's much more "rocky" albums.

I think to get a taste of Rory's real blues playing you need to check out some live stuff. (Irish Tour '74 being almost impossible to beat in my standards, but some bootlegs beg to differ!)

I'm giving a one up to Rory G btw! While he's not completely unknown he's still pretty much under the radar.
Geoff Achison is little known here, in the U.S. I see that you're in Australia though. Being that he's from Australia, perhaps he's well known by you. Either way, I thought he was worth mentioning.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
thanks again guys!

Quote by Jazz Funeral
Geoff Achison is little known here, in the U.S. I see that you're in Australia though. Being that he's from Australia, perhaps he's well known by you. Either way, I thought he was worth mentioning.

yeah i know about him. I went to one of his gigs. hell yeah he is most definatly worth mentioning!
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

^I know he comes to the States every now and then, and that he's friends with Jorma Kaukonen from Hot Tuna and Jefferson Airplane. I'd love to see Geoff live, but it seems I'll have to travel a bit just to catch him on his next U.S. tour...

OT, check out Hot Tuna! Here's a pic from Wanee Fest 2010 in Florida.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
^ im going to recommend traveling to see him. he puts on a good show.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Walter Trout.

Deserves more recognition than he gets in this forum.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen