Hey,

So on CL someone was posting an add for a 94' Ibanez SR400. We agreed to do an even trade on Monday so I would give him MY EP Eb-3 SG Bass for HIS 94' Ibanez SR400.

Is this a good deal or am I getting scammed?
I would do this in an instant.

Unless your epi is vintage or special to you.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Do it.
Trade hard, son. Trade hard...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Special? Not really, I mean back when I really didn't know alot about bass I owned an Ibanez SR535 it was beautiful....the pots broke and didn't have the money so at my local shop I traded it in for a EB-3....I regret it, honestly my bass playing is very fast I mean I play thrash metal and the Eb-3 just can't handle it.

I mean how are the SR400's I mean keep in mind it was made in 94 and its passive pickups with a 3 band EQ not a 4.
Quote by Centahne
Special? Not really, I mean back when I really didn't know alot about bass I owned an Ibanez SR535 it was beautiful....the pots broke and didn't have the money so at my local shop I traded it in for a EB-3....I regret it, honestly my bass playing is very fast I mean I play thrash metal and the Eb-3 just can't handle it.

I mean how are the SR400's I mean keep in mind it was made in 94 and its passive pickups with a 3 band EQ not a 4.

I've never seen an Ibanez with a 4 band EQ or active pickups (except maybe the '10 EMGs).
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Well I know the Ibanez 5 strings (I'm not sure about the 4) I know they have like a 5 band EQ with active pickups, I think on the 4 strings they are 4 band EQ's?

But anyways keep in mind its from 94 and this EP was made in 09 I mean would the bass even like be good?
Quote by Centahne
Well I know the Ibanez 5 strings (I'm not sure about the 4) I know they have like a 5 band EQ with active pickups, I think on the 4 strings they are 4 band EQ's?

no

But anyways keep in mind its from 94 and this EP was made in 09 I mean would the bass even like be good?

yes
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Yeah see its nice cause its a 24 fret and next week my band is playing a show and were doing a cover of Metallica's Orion and if you don't know that song shame on you.

This will come in handy cause the ending bass solo requires the 22nd fret.
Quote by Centahne

This will come in handy cause the ending bass solo requires the 22nd fret.

I actually tend to use the 24th instead of bending the 22nd

But, yeah, I hate anything less than 24 frets, my fender feels a bit limiting sometimes.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by shredibanez24
Passion. Get the Ibanez.

Mike, sit down and finish your meal!

Passionate suns.
Quote by Centahne

OH HELL YES!!!!
do it do it now, seriously.
im one of those old coots who think older instruments sound better then newer ones. the wood on that ibby has had a chance to age a little bit, which translates to better tone.
not to mention ibanez back in the 90's IMO was a better company then it is now.
i have a 1993 ibanez EBX445 and i friggin love it, better then any other bass i have or have owned.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 22, 2010,