So about two weeks ago I took my guitar in to have invaders put on it. It isn't the best guitar, but I didn't want to buy a new one, so I decided new pups were the way to go. I called the guy yesterday, and apparently all of the frets were loose, and it's gonna cost me like 200 to fix it all. That's 400 that I've put into a 190 dollar guitar. Is this worth it? Damn cheap guitars.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
What guitar is it?

EDIT: I checked your profile and its a Washburn WI14. In that case, no it is not worth it. It is a beginners guitar with not so great tuners and bridge, as well as a hardwood body. You are much better off buying a different guitar. I think upgrading cheaper guitars is a great way to go (I did it) but this guitar seems to be too low quality for it to be worth it.

Btw... How does it have loose frets?
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Last edited by Leeav at Aug 21, 2010,
Not quite sure. The guy said that humdity and stuff can shrink/expand the wood in the neck. He also said that they were so loose that my high e string could get caught under it and rip the fret right out of the fretboard. I noticed that when I first got it, some notes (the first few frets on the higher strings) wouldn't respond at all. He said that that was from the frets being loose. He's giving me a half off deal because he didn't see it when I brought it in, that's the only reason I went along with it.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible
I'd just tell him to put the pickups in and then super glue the frets in yourself

It's probably not the proper way to do it, but an extra $200 to fix the frets on a cheap guitar is bullshit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
stop him! buy a new guitar and if you already bought the pups install them into the new guitar
No, I meant it's costing me 200 to get the pickups installed AND have the frets redone. If I said something different, than I'm retarded.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible
Sounds to me like the repair guy is trying to make a quick buck off of someone who doesn't know much about maintenance and repairs.

Tell him to put in the pickups and that's it. If you didn't notice anything wrong with your frets before sending it in then there's probably not much wrong with them. He'd probably just do a standard fret job and charge you like it was a "repair."
I noticed it when I first got it, but I didn't know what it was. But my friend trusts this guy, and I trust my friend, so I'm not quite sure he's trying to rip me off. I think the cost is mostly for the labor.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible
@seref i've never had so much respect for an address.....but anyway, keep the money and buy a new guitar
Yes, FYL.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by conor-figgy
@seref i've never had so much respect for an address.....but anyway, keep the money and buy a new guitar

Atleast UPS now has a lower probability of sending his parcels to the Andromeda Galaxy >.>
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
HOLY SHIT MAN

TS, **** that guy in the ass. He's just trying to get more money out of you. It's not worth it at all. Take your guitar back, don't put in the Invaders, or get the frets "fixed". Save up and get a better guitar.

And one more time to get the point across -

FUCK THAT GUY, IN THE ASS.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
a new guitar is in order
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I’m jumping on the this-asshole-is-ripping-you-off bandwagon. A decent tech would tell you not to waste $200 on a crap guitar knowing that you’ll at least respect him for being honest.
Hmm I hate to just jump on the, "He's bending you over the barrel." bandwagon. But he's bending you over the barrel.
Unless this guitar has some sentimental value and you never plan on selling it don't waste the money on pickups or having the frets redone. Start saving some money and trying out guitars that catch your eye etc.
Quote by Megdidar

Unless this guitar has some sentimental value...

That was my thought behind it. It was a gift, my first guitar, and I wanted to improve it a bit. I'm already looking at purchasing a new Schecter.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible
I think everyone has made their point...

But on the upside, you can put those pick ups in your new guitar once you get it
I have a huge fear if rays.