Ok well I'm currently getting my fretless epoxied,
and when I get it back I have to get it sanded to a proper radius, as it's getting set-up again.
Now, I have no clue about what radius to use.

The Jaco replica has a radius of 7.25" (184 mm), while the Geddy Lee (my other main bass has 9.5" (241 mm).
Which is more curved, and what would be a good choice to use?
My jazz is a custom warmoth, and I think it was sanded pretty flat.
Also, CAN I adjust the radius after it is already epoxied?
The only person I could find or trust who can epoxy is a boat salesman, and he is not one who works on instruments, so it radius adjustment would have to be after the fact.
Rig of Doom:
1. Custom Warmoth Fretless Jazz
2. Geddy Lee Jazz (backup)
3. Fender Precision
Through:
VOX Pathfinder Bass 10
Soon to run through:
Acoustic 360/361 rig
The smaller the radius, the more rounded it is.

I vaguely recall hearing that a fretless board should be pretty flat, so a large radius would be best.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
While it isn't entirely helpful, I'd just like to submit that I payed no attention to my fretboard's radius before or after I epoxied my neck and there was absolutely no noticeable difference in its playability afterwards. Fretting over a few mm's is understandable, but you know.. not the biggest of deals. I put on about 3 coats and I felt it didn't really affect anything. Really between coats you'd notice you don't need a ton..

I guess my best suggestion would be simply use the radius of the bass you are most comfortable playing with? If you're comfortable with both.. then you can't really miss? Not a big deal? Am I missing something? I would think you could adjust it afterwards.. but you'd scuff the epoxy pretty hard and have to put on another coat. But like I said, applied evenly a coat of epoxy isn't going to affect too many measurements. To be honest I think it would have been worth it (just as a project even) to do it yourself. Plenty of guides out there, was pretty fun!

my bass btw (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335712)

edit: Also, I do appreciate the fact that mine was just a cheapo bass but, I think the same things still apply
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 21, 2010,
Thanks
I did try epoxying myself when I first got the neck, and it didn't turn out so well, I had to get it completely taken off, and until now it was bare wood.
Rig of Doom:
1. Custom Warmoth Fretless Jazz
2. Geddy Lee Jazz (backup)
3. Fender Precision
Through:
VOX Pathfinder Bass 10
Soon to run through:
Acoustic 360/361 rig