Sorry to bother with this, but I was wondering if anybody used RPG maker 2000 and if they have any good resource sites? There used to be thousands of sites with that stuff and now I can only find like 2 good ones and they still don't have what I need. I'm looking for modern looking stuff (people, cars, maps, etc) so I can try to make a Supernatural game.
I tried to use it ages ago, but it wouldn't work with Windows 7 or something stupid. And I haven't bothered since.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I tried to use it ages ago, but it wouldn't work with Windows 7 or something stupid. And I haven't bothered since.

That sucks. I've heard a lot of people having problems with it on windows 7. I've been using it off and on since middle school. A bit childish, maybe haha, but its just so fun to make your very own game haha But yeah if I can't find this stuff I'm gonna have to make my own I guess which would suck
It sucks. I tried making a rocket propelled grenade, but apparently it's not for that.
Quote by anthsband
That sucks. I've heard a lot of people having problems with it on windows 7. I've been using it off and on since middle school. A bit childish, maybe haha, but its just so fun to make your very own game haha But yeah if I can't find this stuff I'm gonna have to make my own I guess which would suck

I think it's probably because I got it when I was using the Windows 7 Beta.

Quote by Zeletros
Seriously, there aren't any good "create your own game" programs.

I played a Pokemon game that was made on RPG Maker 2000, it was actually really good.
Dont bother with "Create your own game" programs, theyre always too limiting. Learn some good programming languages and interface them with some graphical UI software, or learn to Mod the hell out of stuff :P Sure its far more long winded, but its also 100% less sh!t.

The Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Oblivion and Morrowind essentially allow you to make anything using them, I'd recommend having a go at that.
Last edited by mishax92 at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by mishax92
Dont bother with "Create your own game" programs, theyre always too limiting. Learn some good programming languages and interface them with some graphical UI software, or learn to Mod the hell out of stuff :P

The Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Oblivion and Morrowind essentially allow you to make anything using them, I'd recommend having a go at that.

Its me and my friends idea and we wanted to make it on the Unreal Editor but that would take forever to learn, so we're just going to make a basic idea on RPG maker. I've used RPG Maker a lot and know how to do almost anything on it so it won't be a problem. If you know what you're doing on it you can make amazing games. Most people don't understand how to use it
Quote by anthsband
I've used RPG Maker a lot and know how to do almost anything on it so it won't be a problem.

Thus confirming how limiting it must be. All the games made off there that I've seen are just far too similar.

I have no problem with people using it to try out ideas and such, making beta versions etc, but it all just seems so derivative.
Quote by Zeletros

that's because making a game is a very long and cumbersome task requiring people good in art, music and computer programming, not to mention a good idea and story behind it.

not exactly an easy way to make a shortcut through all of that.

EDIT: although that V seems to be a pretty cool program
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 21, 2010,
If you want to make a decent 2D computer game, try "Game Maker". Seriously.

RPG maker is, and will always be, shit.

If you want to make a more advanced, perhaps 3D, game, learn C++ or C#. However, these games are made by teams of professionals.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 21, 2010,
Quote by mishax92
Thus confirming how limiting it must be. All the games made off there that I've seen are just far too similar.

I have no problem with people using it to try out ideas and such, making beta versions etc, but it all just seems so derivative.

Naaah haha I've seen zelda games, pokemon games, sport games, space ship games, all made on rm2k. I dunno. We just wanna make a basic "beta/demo" of our game and maybe someday if we learn how to make it on Unreal we'll do it. I wish we could make it on Unreal though cuz it'd be a sick game
Quote by Zeletros

blender 3d if you know python but you have to know the language and you have to make all the models/animations/everything else yourself

and gamemaker is ummm... usable
Quote by sfaune92

If you want to make a more advanced, perhaps 3D, game, learn C++ or C#. However, these games are made by teams of professionals.

ive dabbled in blender for years. i have yet to be patient enough to get everything working, plus im too lazy to learn python