A lot of us have 2x12 cab's because we don't like hauling around a giant heavy 4x12. But, they are indeed smaller and in order to hear the tone it gives, you pretty much have to be laying on the floor. I have come up with a solution. I've heard some of you asking if there is any way to angle your 2x12 cabinet towards yourself AND be able to place your head on it. Well, this setup I have pictured works perfectly for me. With just a simple amp stand from your local guitar shop, place your head on the actual stand, then lean your cab against the stand. The one I have pictured is height adjustable so there is plenty of room. Everything holds in place very sturdy. This is perfect for people that play small gigs and cant always rely on a good moniter mix. Just take care of it yourself.

Also, here is a link for the stand.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-RS7000-Tiltback-AMP-STAND-100233584-i1175214.gc
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
Last edited by annostyle at Aug 21, 2010,
that's a great idea!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
looks cool! and a brilliant idea.

Allthough, I feel like (with my 212) that if I stand on the way, it sounds very punchy (its got V30s) and when not standing on the way, it sounds very warm and full.

Anyone else with experiences like this?

Jonathan
Ive found that when you do it this way, since less of your cab is touching the floor, you get a little less bass response. But a little EQ touches it right up. The benefits outweigh the negatives. You can actually hear yourself the way you want to be heard.
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
Yea, this is pretty much for the gigging working musician. Sometimes these clubs have small stages (and a terrible soundman).
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
Very kewl man

That Orange is awesome by the way, hope to own a 2x12 myself someday
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.