Hey i just got a new guitar for my birthday and yesterday i noticed a small crack coming from the neck joint. It doesn't go down into the neck joint but its right by it. Is it somthing I should be concerned about.

There is a 30 day warranty but i dont want to send it back if its not a big problem.
IMO if you got " Neck " and " Crack " in the same sentence, that's a pretty serious issue. A picture maybe ?
id send it back and get a new one. you might as well not risk further damage
even if it's just a crack in the finish i'd still take it back if i were you. you could get a 100% new one or maybe some store credit or something. (unless you bought it online, only send back if it's actually in the wood )
thats horrible..
please return it..
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
its not in the actual neck of the guitar. its on the body but close to the neck where it goes into the guitar.
is it an ibanez? it may just be paint cracks on the neck pocket or something similar regardless i would send it back .. you payed for it and haven't had if for a long enough that any damage should have occured lol
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by Holysorrow
is it an ibanez? it may just be paint cracks on the neck pocket or something similar regardless i would send it back .. you payed for it and haven't had if for a long enough that any damage should have occured lol

Nah its a Mustain Signature Dean Flying V. Im going to see if the crack gets any longer. I marked a spot on it with an Expo marker, if it passes that point I can tell its gotten longer, then Ill send it back.
I'd send it back NOW, you didn't pay for a guitar with a crack in it, and it almost certainly will get worse over time, or at least leave the guitar more vulnerable to damage
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend