hey guys currently i have an epiphone les paul custom and i went to the shop to change the string gauge from 9-42 to 10-60. then a few weeks later i realised i can't bend the 19th fret of the high e string. the 19th fret and the 20th fret of the high e string sounds like a dead fret. so what should i do guys? a friend of mine suggested that i change the string gauge to 10-46s and i did. but the problem didn't go away. so what should i do guys? continue using 10-60s or change to 10-42s?
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter
Seems like the fretwork is bad. You should take it to a guitar reapirs guy and let him decide if it needs a fret job. He probably can get it right without having to re-fret the guitar.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Seems like the fretwork is bad. You should take it to a guitar reapirs guy and let him decide if it needs a fret job. He probably can get it right without having to re-fret the guitar.

isnt it possible to hammer the fret in more with a mallet just enough to where it fixes the problem? i remember hearing that somewhere
yeah but the problem is, i did bring it to the guy but he said there was something wrong with the neck due to the gauge of the strings and also said that changing to 10-46 would solve the problem but i don't see any difference.
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter
You just need a setup. Very normal guitar maintenance, nothing to be alarmed about.

The position of your neck has been set for the previous gauge of strings and it's been knocked out of alignment from the drastic change in tension.

You can get a setup from any music store usually for around $25-40. If you can, bring it to a professional luthier as the quality is very noticeably better. It may cost a bit extra but you'll be floored when you play your guitar with a great setup.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
you went from 9s to 10-60 your neck NEEDS an adjustment.

Check out the setup thread stickied at the top of this forum or just take it to a shop and put in the strings you wanted while getting it setup.