Hi guys i have a a Boss DS-1 and a Fender frontman 15G (among other stuff).
The problem is that if on the clean channel on my amp then i switch my DS-1 on it sounds so harsh. For example in smells like teen spirit Kurt has a clean channel for the verse then stomps on his DS-1 for the chorus.

So basically how could i get my DS-1 not to sound to harsh on the clean channel?

THX
Have a mess with the EQ- try rolling off some treble. You could also try turning the distortion and the tone knobs down on the pedal.

Though to be honest a Frontman and DS-1 setup is never going to sound good
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by ChucklesMginty
That's because your amp sucks.

Hate to say it, but +1.

Kurt used a Mesa / Boogie preamp and marshall cabs, so it makes sense that he could make the DS1 sound completely different than yours sounds now. Still, messing with the amp's EQ and the pedals knobs might get you to a better place.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by CombatWombat 95
True

Im getting a better one soon though.

When I was starting out I had the exact same set up as you, the amp and the pickups suck, which is why it sounds harsh.

The DS-1 is a harsh pedal already, it takes a very smooth tube amp to really soften it up and make it sound good. My VK seemed to do a decent job of it when I had my DS-1.

I tried to Keeley mod it and failed, so I striped it for parts.
Quote by ethan_hanus
When I was starting out I had the exact same set up as you, the amp and the pickups suck, which is why it sounds harsh.

The DS-1 is a harsh pedal already, it takes a very smooth tube amp to really soften it up and make it sound good. My VK seemed to do a decent job of it when I had my DS-1.

I tried to Keeley mod it and failed, so I striped it for parts.

Thanks that makes sense.

What amp do you you suggest i should get? My price range is about 350 pounds.
I was thinking about getting a Fender G-Dec 30.

I have a Fender 2007 MIM custom strat HH, a DS-1, Danelectro vibe.

I mostly play Metal, Blues (Hendrix).
Quote by CombatWombat 95
Thanks that makes sense.

What amp do you you suggest i should get? My price range is about 350 pounds.
I was thinking about getting a Fender G-Dec 30.

I have a Fender 2007 MIM custom strat HH, a DS-1, Danelectro vibe.

I mostly play Metal, Blues (Hendrix).

The Fender G-Dec is a good home practice amp, should get you anywhere from blues up to heavy rock, wont reach the metal territory.

You can look at a Marshall Class 5 tube amp, that DS-1 would sound amazing on it's clean channel, a Fender jr, Blackstar HT-5 can do metal, idk about blues, since I've never heard one personally, but they say it can.

The Marshall and Fender are 5 watt tube amps, they can get loud, but wont kill your neighbors.
Thanks guys. i was thinking about a fender champion 600, and with the change i can get a few pedals.