Right, I think I have got the hang of Eb flat tuning but one thing is bothering me - the bass strings. My question is that if I think I have tuned it down can I grab my electronic tuner and hold down 1st fret on the low E (now Eb) and if this a bang on E is the open in Eb ?

Sorry if this is kinda confusing.
Well, in theory, yes, but it would require your guitar to have been perfectly intonated first.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
If you're guitar is well intonated, yes.

Also, "Eb flat" is redundant. It's just Eb.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Technically speaking, no, it won't be perfectly at E. The reason for this is that there are all sorts of intonation difficulties regarding the first fret.

If you had the 0 fret system that are on some high-end guitars, however, then yes, you could.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Well, if the tuner is chromatic, you wont have to worry about that, but if its a dedicated guitar tuner, than you would have to make sure that your intonation is correct. I would say that choosing a tuning is not something to change a sound, but something to help correct a sound IE, if youre in a band with brass instruments or with others in Eb, tune to Eb. Honestly, the only difference when playing solo is the feel, as pitch is relative.
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
yes only if its perfectly intonated and the first fret is kinda notorious for being slightly sharp or flat
btw
Eb flat is like saying Eflat flat or D
the b means flat next time just say Eb
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If you're guitar is well intonated, yes.

Also, "Eb flat" is redundant. It's just Eb.

Sorry I was in a rush, also would I be able to upload a sound clip of what my guitar sounds like in Eb tuning?