Hey all, i've been trying to find some good bluesy songs for acoustic. I've worked through a bit of EC's Unplugged, find some of it a bit too hard but not too bad. I just don't know where to go now. I'm looking for something intermediate. I have played Robert Johnson and Delta, but really just want some acoustic blues! Any recommendations for songs to learn?
When I die, want you to dress me in straght laced shoes
A box back coat and a Stetson hat;
Listen to the Stevie Ray Vaughan Live at MTV Acoustic album, its mindblowingly good. A lot of it may be a little tricky, but even so its still worth checking out.
Learn Black Queen by Stephen Stills, pretty bluesy. Maybe some Son House or some of Buddy Guy's acoustic songs like Crawlin' Kingsnake
Thanks for the suggestions guys. SRV is god! Loved the stephen stills song too had never heard it before. Any more anybody:?
When I die, want you to dress me in straght laced shoes
A box back coat and a Stetson hat;
Some of the best players I've ever seen have dedicated their life to trying to play robert johnson, so I'd stay just stick with that, because theirs no way you've come close to having that figured out yet. In my opinion, that's the end of be all of acoustic blues.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
There are many fine acoustic blues players. Check out David Bromberg, Jorma Kaukkonen, and folks in that bunch. Stephan Grossman as well.
Traditional fingerstyle blues.
For that matter, check out the fellows that influenced those cats. I keep harping on this, I know... But you want to listen to the Delta blues masters who influenced ALL the contemporary players.
That whole British blues revival that spawned Clapton and the Stones and near everyone else came about when those guys discovered the great old bluesmen.

A number of these guys related being amazed that the old blues players were not big important stars... That they were in fact often retired in poverty.
Robert Johnson
Merle Travis
Mississippi John Hurt
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.