Page 1 of 3
Now is it just me or are they using auto tune on these auditions?
All of the ones who got through seem to have been auto tuned, this is insane!
Funnily enough I was just about to make a thread about this!
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Quote by bobwentpop
Funnily enough I was just about to make a thread about this!

So i suppose i am winnar?
LOL

Oh wow, that is really bad. I mean, come on....

PSN ID: ArranP
Dear god, that just takes the piss. I have said for years that there isn't any real talent involved in the competition, but using a live autotune unit just makes unbearably awful singers even worse!
Although... The girl who forgot the lyrics to queen was smokin' hot!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I was going to make this thread - on some acts it was just so blatent, which really makes the whole show a waste of time...
Quote by Sonny_sam
Dear god, that just takes the piss. I have said for years that there isn't any real talent involved in the competition, but using a live autotune unit just makes unbearably awful singers even worse!
Although... The girl who forgot the lyrics to queen was smokin' hot!

mate i wouldn't poke that on facebook
Quote by 100%guitarmad
I was going to make this thread - on some acts it was just so blatent, which really makes the whole show a waste of time...

The nadir was when the duo known as G + S came on stage.

Neither could sing for shit, but because she had autotune on - she got put through. New low, Mr Cowell.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Just sent ITV an email because it's fun to use big words

whatd the email say?
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by ilovepepsi
whatd the email say?

Rather light-hearted compared to what some people have been saying on Twitter:

Use of Auto-Tune in 'The X Factor'

I noticed in the show tonight that a pitch corrector was used on the vocals of some of the acts. Surely this defeats the point of a 'talent show'? While some of the vocal tuning was more subtle (used for the female's voice in the group 'G&S'), the Auto-Tune on some acts was rather blatent!

Was just wondering why the decision was taken to make this part of the show, as surely there was a fair bit of planning involved, for example, in the hiring of an operator if applicable.

Thanks,
Eddie *****.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Just sent ITV an email because it's fun to use big words

I'm sure they'll be reeling.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Minkaro
They might take you more seriously if you spelt "blatant" correctly.

Ah yes, maybe they would.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Use of Auto-Tune in 'The X Factor'

I noticed in the show tonight that a pitch corrector was used on the vocals of some of the acts. Surely this defeats the point of a 'talent show'? While some of the vocal tuning was more subtle (used for the female's voice in the group 'G&S'), the Auto-Tune on some acts was rather blatent!

Was just wondering why the decision was taken to make this part of the show, as surely there was a fair bit of planning involved, for example, in the hiring of an operator if applicable.

Thanks,
Eddie *****.

That's an unfortunate surname you have there.
YNWA
Seems kinda stupid to me to use a pitch corrector at a talent show, but I guess if the point is to produce a complete package and Autotune is a tool at their disposal, then it almost doesn't make sense to disallow it in the audition phase.

I dunno, it definitely makes the show less entertaining.
Quote by tattyreagh
That's an unfortunate surname you have there.

Perhaps they would've taken me more seriously if my surname was more common :/
I notice the autotune aswell. I think it is rather stupid to use pitch correction on a talent show.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Perhaps they would've taken me more seriously if my surname was more common :/

They might think "Eddie Shite" is some kind of joke
YNWA
Quote by Declan87
Seems kinda stupid to me to use a pitch corrector at a talent show, but I guess if the point is to produce a complete package and Autotune is a tool at their disposal, then it almost doesn't make sense to disallow it in the audition phase.

I dunno, it definitely makes the show less entertaining.

A tool which masks someones lack of ability shouldn't be used in a talent show at any stage IMO. Might as well be lip syncing.
Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.
It's like last year when Brian May and Roger Taylor came on and played Bohemian Rhapsody. They played their parts live while the contestants were miming to pre-recorded, autotuned to hell vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2srXOzDny54

Very telling that two old rockstars came on and showed them how it's done... all live.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Whizzo
A tool which masks someones lack of ability shouldn't be used in a talent show at any stage IMO. Might as well be lip syncing.

They probably are too y'know.
I don't watch X Factor, so..

It does seem incredibly stupid though, but that can be explained because:
1) ITV
2) ITV
3) Money

ITV is a channel that has produced 0 quality programmes per year, follows whatever trends are out there and purposely creates programmes that are as accessible and popular as they can be, with a direct and massive sacrifice in quality.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Isn't ITV in charge of Poirot?

Poirot is effin amazing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Whizzo
So i suppose i am winnar?

Yes your winnar.

Here are you're, trophy.

Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Quote by Demon Wolf
It's like last year when Brian May and Roger Taylor came on and played Bohemian Rhapsody. They played their parts live while the contestants were miming to pre-recorded, autotuned to hell vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2srXOzDny54

Very telling that two old rockstars came on and showed them how it's done... all live.

That's brilliant.

Unfortunately, to the average listener it sounds like all the contestants are singing their parts perfectly. Especially check out 2:20 and 3:15.
This actually calls for a complaint.

Theres stuff which gets complained about which is utter nonsense, btu this genuinely is a load of ****. What's the point?
Page 1 of 3