I was putting a set of regular slinky which is 46 36 26 17 13 10 and I broke the 10 so is it ok if I use a 9?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Its only one step. 9 will be fine, may just feel slightly thinner. TBH, when i go from regular slinkys to super slinkys i can't feel that much of a difference. You wont do any damage to your guitar or anything, so go ahead!
Can someone help me I don't I understand I'm trying to tune my 9 string to e but it's getting really tight like it's about to break when it's on c
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Quote by NIN1993
Can someone help me I don't I understand I'm trying to tune my 9 string to e but it's getting really tight like it's about to break when it's on c

Just keep going, if it snaps again, then you are either tightening it way too fast, or you have a bur in the saddle that is cutting the string before it can be tuned properly.

I always hate tuning the high e, it always feels like it'll snap, but it wont, if you just tune it to E, you go above E and it'll snap. I think F is the most you can push it, any farther and it's guaranteed to snap.
Quote by NIN1993

Are you using a guitar with a floating bridge?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X