I was putting a set of regular slinky which is 46 36 26 17 13 10 and I broke the 10 so is it ok if I use a 9?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Its only one step. 9 will be fine, may just feel slightly thinner. TBH, when i go from regular slinkys to super slinkys i can't feel that much of a difference. You wont do any damage to your guitar or anything, so go ahead!
Can someone help me I don't I understand I'm trying to tune my 9 string to e but it's getting really tight like it's about to break when it's on c
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Quote by NIN1993
Can someone help me I don't I understand I'm trying to tune my 9 string to e but it's getting really tight like it's about to break when it's on c

Just keep going, if it snaps again, then you are either tightening it way too fast, or you have a bur in the saddle that is cutting the string before it can be tuned properly.

I always hate tuning the high e, it always feels like it'll snap, but it wont, if you just tune it to E, you go above E and it'll snap. I think F is the most you can push it, any farther and it's guaranteed to snap.
Quote by NIN1993

Are you using a guitar with a floating bridge?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X