Good evening denizens of UG.

I'm sure entirely sure where this should go, but this seemed like the right place - so here I am!

Anyway, the problem is that I can play to the best of my ability while I'm on my own, with no pressure.

But I find it impossible to do this with someone watching - especially lots of people.

Does anyone else think they get this as badly as I do?

Does anyone have any tips to help overcome it?

I want to show everyone that I'm a total badass and have a much bigger penis than them in the purest, most awesome way possible - tearing shit up.

But right now when it's time to play, it shrivels up and doesn't show it's massive, engorged mass for all to marvel at - my skill that is.

Your suggestions are much appreciated!
I have the same problem when playing in front of people.
I do great when I'm alone practicing.
Beer tends to help a lot.
That's all I can think of...
I have/had the same problem.

I only play live maybe once a month and I to find it more difficult to do / play at my highest level.
I'm better when I play just by myself.

I have started closing my eyes while playing guitar and imagining I'm not in my room jamming but playing in front of a small crowd. Hopefully it works.
Im the opposite. I can't play when one or two people are watching. But when i play a gig with many people. I feel relaxed cause you know the eyes arn't on you all the time.
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Quote by Yhdeksas
I have the same problem when playing in front of people.
I do great when I'm alone practicing.
Beer tends to help a lot.
That's all I can think of...

You learn that one from Dragonforce?

Nah, just kidding.

I'd rather not constantly rely on something like alcohol to get me through playing in front of people.
LOL the penis part made me laugh so hard, thank you for that.

On topic - Yeah i have the same problem.. When i heard about the whole 'imagine your audience in their underwear' i just thought 'wtf!' and i still don't get it, but maybe you can give it a shot and see how that goes.
Quote by Grave Robber
Im the opposite. I can't play when one or two people are watching. But when i play a gig with many people. I feel relaxed cause you know the eyes arn't on you all the time.

Yeah, gigs are fine, it's the personalisation of it. When it feels like one/two people are watching me intensely, I mess up.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
I'd advise against alcohol - Most people can't impersonate Slash or Nikki Sixx, downing a bottle of Jack while they play. I, for one, can barely play straight on my own, after one beer or so. But maybe that's my age. If you can do it, and it helps, then by all means do as you will, I've just heard it best to save alcohol for *after* the gig xD
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.