Hey guys it's been a while since I've been on here. But in the past you guys have been awesome in giving me the proper help in buying new gear.
I've had an Epiphone LesPaul Custom (love Alpine White!) for several years now. It has done me well, but I find myself just getting bored with it. I play anything from clean John Mayer to harder rock (a la Paramore/Muse) <- I know those aren't great examples, but basically I play a huge range. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Tube amp that I absolutely adore. I'm a college student so my budget is a bit limited. I was hoping for keeping it under $500, but I may be able to stretch it to something closer to $700.
I was looking to jumping ship and looking at something along the lines of a Fender Telecaster. Probably a 72 Deluxe custom with a HH setup for that heavier sound. Is there anything else that you guys recommend? A strat?
Any help/links would be greatly appreciated!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender--72-Telecaster-Custom-Electric-Guitar-100593979-i1146398.gc

SH setup so you can get the single coil sounds as well for your John Mayer tones.

Buy it used though if your on a budget. Or try and find a used MIA tele.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
you could get a used mia HSS strat for that.

check your local craigslist.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ That's a pretty good idea, if you're bored with your LP it might not be the best idea to go to another HH guitar. The Strat with give you the ability to get harder sounds at the bridge but then also to do stuff you can't on your LP with the neck pickup.
Quote by diceksox1809
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender--72-Telecaster-Custom-Electric-Guitar-100593979-i1146398.gc

SH setup so you can get the single coil sounds as well for your John Mayer tones.

Buy it used though if your on a budget. Or try and find a used MIA tele.

Lol dude. John Mayer lead tones (the ones that tend to matter the most pickup-wise) are almost always on the neck. An SH guitar wouldn't be very helpful then eh?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden