So im saving up a load of cash, and there are 2 amps which i have gotten interested in.. When i first read about the Blackstar HT20 head, i loved it. Got a lot of positive reviews and stuff.. Then i heard about the Tweaker head, from Egnater. It seems like this one kicks ass, but i am not sure which one to buy now.. I'd like some opinions on both Goods, bads, and that kinda stuff :P

Also, another question. I don't really know what kind of cab to buy with it. I was thinking about buying a 4x12 cab, but i use it mostly for home use. Would it be useful to have a 4x12 cab? Or would it be too loud for home use? Im kinda new to the whole head/cab stuff, so i need some help :P And also, what cab has your vote?
do you need footswitchable channels or are you good with using the volume knob for cleans?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
do you need footswitchable channels or are you good with using the volume knob for cleans?

This. If you can deal with one channel, and rolling back volume for cleans, then go for the Tweaker. Amazing little amp.

Oh, and cab doesn't affect volume.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Seref
Type of music?
Budget?
Willing to go used?
Etc?

Type of music: Various music styles, including Old and new kinds of metal, but also really clean stuff and bluesy, even jazz.. Very very much different settings needed Lol..
Budget: I would be able to go from 800 euro's to 1000 max.. Including Cab.
Used: Preferably not, but if i can get a better amp then yes.

I do not need channel switching that badly.. If i really need it i can always just use my digital amp.. This purchase is purely to go up by a few steps regarding tone.

Anyone got a suggestion for a nice cabinet?
ht20
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I've never played a HT20 but have heard good things. But I own a Tweaker and I'd definitely recommend it. So many tones to be had and it's very easy to dial in a tone. I also own a Mesa Single Recto and I go to the Tweaker everytime. Great amp for the money.
Quote by Linqua5150
ht20

Why would you suggest the HT20? Without any comments as to why it's such an awesome amp, i can't really make a decision.. Or atleast not one involving the HT20.

Score seems to be 3-0 for the tweaker. Thanks for all the comments already guys

Still need a cab though, anyone got suggestions as to what cab matches nice?
Ive played both and the tweaker takes it all. that thing can do everything and that why i bought it. I mean its so good, with a bit of tweaking you can get it to sound like the Bogner Extacy which cost like 10 time the egnater.

The one thing i would do with the tweaker is switch out the 6v6's for el34s.
Quote by acdcthunder178
Ive played both and the tweaker takes it all. that thing can do everything and that why i bought it. I mean its so good, with a bit of tweaking you can get it to sound like the Bogner Extacy which cost like 10 time the egnater.

The one thing i would do with the tweaker is switch out the 6v6's for el34s.

Thx for the feedback Tweaker + 1 again Im beginning to think weve got a winner here xD
Quote by fly135
My Tweaker is arriving today!

Let me know how it sounds