hey guyz, im getting my cpu soon and i want to make my own music and record it onto my cpu and post it on youtube but i dont know how to record on a computer. my friend says you need a mixer but i also want to buy an amp so i dont want to spend so much.

so how should i do it?
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
to make your own recordings, you'll want a recording software such as reaper, and for guitar and bass you can get something like a line 6 pod studio. for drums, there are easy to use softwares to create your own drum sounds such as ezdrummer and steven slate.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Aug 21, 2010,
What i have is a Line 6 Toneport GX. Audio interface and for the 50 quid i got it for, its excellent!!! You can record directly into audacity or something and edit. Also great for jamming with headphones or monitor speakers Check out the Solo and Thunderhorse on my channel. I did both those using it but i have now upgraded the software so my tone is a lot better now. Both programs are free to download (I reccomend POD Farm as it is newer and much better than Gearbox)
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by guitarscreams
hey guyz, im getting my cpu soon and i want to make my own music and record it onto my cpu and post it on youtube but i dont know how to record on a computer. my friend says you need a mixer but i also want to buy an amp so i dont want to spend so much.

so how should i do it?

You realise that cpu stands for core processing unit, and if going record anywhere, it will be your hard drive?

Your best bet on a budget would be to get a cheap interface (such as the line 6 ux1 already suggested, or an m-audio fast track USB) and use amp simulation software plug-ins to create the sound you want. There's a guide here - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131250
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
budget wise, try: Behringer Podcastudio (w. mixer, phones, and some other stuff) for 200usd + Seven Slate drums signature drum kits ex for 80usd (the drum software would require a Firewire 800 pci card (about55usd) in order to run) and maybe a few cables + Impulses, here's a very quick and concise video on how to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nVsmoiEUk

budget here is: less than 350usd (US dollars)
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by Sonny_sam
You realise that cpu stands for central processing unit, and if going record anywhere, it will be your hard drive?

Your best bet on a budget would be to get a cheap interface (such as the line 6 ux1 already suggested, or an m-audio fast track USB) and use amp simulation software plug-ins to create the sound you want. There's a guide here - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131250

fix'd

Get a decent interface (Firewire/1394 or USB, either way; I haven't seen eSATA yet but if they have those that works too) and a DAW like Reaper.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.