I have a kid now and 15w tube->412 is too loud. I need a new effect processor. I had an RP350 last year. It was decent (for what I paid) but weak all-in-all.

I need something that can do modern metal direct to headphones.

I am planning to also get a ART Direct Box to connect to the speaker output on my amp and run directly into my TonePort UX2, but I can only get so much gain out of my current amp/chain.

What is recommended? I was looking at potentially getting an RP355 or RP1000.

Is there a better device that I should look into? What about software for my UX2? Maybe the Peavey software or maybe that software by line6 (pod farm 2?)

Thanks for the input!
Agile 2800 Baritone (Crunchy Rail bridge/Fat Pat Neck) or Douglas WRL 590 -> MXR Super Comp -> -> MXR M108 EQ -> Peavey 5150 212 (Eminence Redcoat Gov) or Bugera V5
I have a peavey vypyr 75 and it works great for metal, its has a headphone port so you can play at whatever time, and without the phones it easily gets over drums,

The effects on board are pretty good too, so you wouldn't really need the effects processor, it also comes with some recording software and plugs staright into your computer with a usb cable.

Great amp especially for the price!
since you have an audio interface (the tone port), you should look at some plugins/amp software such as peavey revalver, amplitube metal, pod farm, guitar rig, apparently lepou plugins are pretty good, etc...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by PimpSmurf
I have a kid now and 15w tube->412 is too loud. I need a new effect processor. I had an RP350 last year. It was decent (for what I paid) but weak all-in-all.

I need something that can do modern metal direct to headphones.

I am planning to also get a ART Direct Box to connect to the speaker output on my amp and run directly into my TonePort UX2, but I can only get so much gain out of my current amp/chain.

What is recommended? I was looking at potentially getting an RP355 or RP1000.

Is there a better device that I should look into? What about software for my UX2? Maybe the Peavey software or maybe that software by line6 (pod farm 2?)

Thanks for the input!

I have a 1 year old son and play a 50 watt mesa in the house no problem lol.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean