My guitar's input jack has been failing slowly over the past few days. When I'm playing, it sounds like someone's turning the amp on and off really fast. So, like a stutter. I checked it out, and the tiny wires that touch the input jack to relay the sound to the amp (i think) are starting to break apart. So would I need to rewire this myself? And where can I get the supplies needed?

So I guess, technically, it's customization. Because it's re-wiring. But if I'm in the wrong forum, please let me know so I don't mispost again.

Thanks, UG.
If you could turn into a member of the opposite sex, would you make love to your former body? Think about that.
right forum but you should have put this in the wiring thread.

anyway you can fix it yourself for free. its very easy. just cut the wires and strip some insulation off them to reveal fresh new wire, and solder it back onto the jack lugs. make a note of which wire went where before you start.
Alright, I'll run out tomorrow and pick up a soldering iron from town, then report back here. Thanks for the info you guys, I had a vague idea but I didn't want to muff up my guitar haha.
If you could turn into a member of the opposite sex, would you make love to your former body? Think about that.
It's a little late, but I feel like I should post anyway. I used mighty putty to hold it, until it broke again a few days ago - literally hours before a new years gig. I ran out, got a soldering iron, solder, etc... and my friends dad fixed it up. It's great. Thanks!